Magic Martial Arts.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
(Seen on E-Budo.) Check out this site:

Sleight-of-hand techniques have always been used by magicians in everything from card tricks to death-defying escape acts. These sleight-of-hand movements are now incorporated into deadly use in street combat.

An M.N.S.S. practitioner confronts an oncoming attacker. The attacker throws a right punch. The practitioner, while doing a flicking motion with his left hand, simultaneously blocks the punch. The attacker, so distracted by the flicking motion of the left hand, didn’t even know where the block came from. The practitioner, with his blocking arm, quickly does a waving motion toward the corner of the attacker’s left eye. The attacker then realizes another individual has snuck up behind him and has applied a rear choke hold from the back. Looking slightly to the side, the attacker realizes that it’s not another individual, but it is the same M.N.S.S. practitioner that he was confronting who had vanished in front of him and re-appeared directly in back of him. Before he can fully fathom what has happened, he is choked into submission.

No, it’s not magic or sorcery. Master Hans Eric Bristol has applied the concepts of the “blind side,” “visual redirection,” and “peripheral evasion” into streetfighting. M.N.S.S. will teach you the secret arts of mind trickery and response-reaction predictions which will allow you to control your opponent's every move.

It's straight out of a comic book! Mandrake the Magician! I'm honestly not sure if it's a joke or not. They have a forum that seems filled with people asking if its a joke or not.

R

RCastillo

Great, 22 years down the drain..................................:mad:

R

rmcrobertson

That was great!

I particularly liked:

a) the challenge to the Gracies ("will pay 10, 500 dollars...," and why'd he pick THAT number?)...

b) the quote, "Nothing is more important than the ejaculation of knowledge."

c) and, my personal fave and not to be missed, this guy's having written a, "pre-Genesis," right before going on to explain his new religion, Tattooism, which I swear he says is named after Tattoo on "Fantasy Island," because Tattoo on, "Fantasy Island," is the avatar of the human race's search for enlightenment...

wait a second, that kinda makes sense.

Thanks for the site, which was truly hilarious.

P

pknox

Originally posted by rmcrobertson
because Tattoo on, "Fantasy Island," is the avatar of the human race's search for enlightenment...

Ah! Now I realize why I haven't become enlightened yet! I didn't realize that a "search for enlightenment" required making a commercial for Dunkin Donuts. :D

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can just see the guy with a deck of cards with different techniques on them...."Pick a card, any card." Trouble is, you know that someone is gonna take this seriously.

NYCRonin

Purple Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its been a few days since this topic has circulated in a few forums - I posted at length in one of them.
In retrospect - this has to be a 'hoax' site...although there are materials mentioned for sale - there is no ordering information accompanying it. Hardly a sound business idea. Someone from his part of the world tried to find him to no avail. A religious cult leader is generally easy to find - if he actually exists.
If I find anything concrete about this, I will post it in here.
Happy New Year to all.

T

TonyM.

This could be a very effective martial art as it made my brain hurt just reading about it.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
WOW....speechless.

Cosmic Do or Magic Martal Arts?

So many different arts to choose from.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea well if you belive in them I can put togeather a mail order course for you with a black belt included for a resonable sum :)

Callandor

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yea well if you belive in them I can put togeather a mail order course for you with a black belt included for a resonable sum :)
Wait a minute! I thought the black belt will not be shipped immediately but only after 3 weeks of training! You're dishonoring the style! :p

ChingChuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, actually that doesn't sound too stupid, does it? The first part, I mean.
I've seen some people in another Pencak Silat style using 'strange' movements like waving their hands in the wrong direction as a distraction... But I do agree that this is a little too good to be true :p.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, actually that doesn't sound too stupid, does it? The first part, I mean.
I've seen some people in another Pencak Silat style using 'strange' movements like waving their hands in the wrong direction as a distraction... But I do agree that this is a little too good to be true :p.
Some of the principles of stage magic can be incorporated into fighting, just as they were incorporated into warfare during WWII.

As to the rest of this... I can only hope it's a joke!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Creating a distraction to disguise a technique or return attack? I thought that was part and parcel of the deal?

Maybe I should check out the link, though it's four years old ....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, okay ... I got to the levitation part and gave up. :lfao:

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good lord I haven't looked that site for years, Hans something right? (I refuse to look again, as the kids are asleep and I don't want to wake them ;p).
Does he still talk about bear testicles and examining his own feces?
Ask Balrog about this guy heh, we've had him as the running joke for years heh.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score

It's straight out of a comic book! Mandrake the Magician! I'm honestly not sure if it's a joke or not. They have a forum that seems filled with people asking if its a joke or not.

That site has been around for years. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Ranks up next to the guy who will send you pictures of five "animal" stances, and when you send him back a letter certifying that you can do all five, plus a $50 processing fee, you earn your Black Belt in kung-fu.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just another chuckle head!!!!!!!!!! The amount of these guys out there is frightening. He says he has opened a school in California, if anyone is near by hey should find out its address and check it out. I like his gun defense. He just needs to have a banana on his person at all times.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score

That is one of my absolute favorite sites for martial arts humor!

Latest Discussions