looking for stick fighting partners in denver (again)

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, my partner isn't going to be able to work out anymore (no i didn't break him, personal issues). so here i am hooked on stick fighting & nobody to train with. if there is anyone in the area interested in studying western walking stick styles, please get in touch with me.

jf

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, my partner isn't going to be able to work out anymore (no i didn't break him, personal issues). so here i am hooked on stick fighting & nobody to train with. if there is anyone in the area interested in studying western walking stick styles, please get in touch with me.
Chas Clements is a Silat instructor in the Denver area. You should touch base with him. He is recovering from severe neuropathy and may not be able to participate (and may not be particularly interested in that area of study). However, he might be a good touchstone to refer you to some of his students or local associates who might be more interested.

BTW, Chas is a kick-butt professional leather worker too. Among his professional leather products is something he calls a "SoftSap." Historically speaking, it was used in WMA, well, in the U.S. and Britain anyway. Works nice with "Slungshot" technique, particularly from a Broughton or LPR interpretation.

http://www.jacksandsaps.com/

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
thanks man, i will get in touch with him.

jf

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
those are some great looking saps on the website too, btw.

jf

Latest Discussions