looking for practice partners in denver for next year!

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
hey all, i mentioned this on another thread & thought i might as well start fishing for partners now.

about me: shodans in judo, shingitai & combat jujitsu. also trained in sambo under a traditional, non-belted system. 15 yrs experience in martial arts, pretty decent kickboxer (muay thai & international) & about 4 years of steady coaching experience. the style of combat jujitsu i did incorporated the very basics of european stick & knife, & i am presently training italian knife with a historcal fencing coach.

what i want to do: i'm primarily interested in irish stick fighting & la canne, as well as keeping up with my knife training. since no schools offer that in denver as near as i can tell, i want to start a study group. i am more than willing to add just about anything else to the group, i love martial arts & am always excited to learn more as well as share what i know. lately i've become particularly interested in european wrestling styles (catch wrestling, cornish, gouren, etc.) & would be happy to train under any of those rules as well as any eastern styles.

if you're interested, please get in touch with me & let's discuss what we're interested in doing. i know may is a little ways off, but it doesn't hurt to plan.

jf

Last edited:
OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
c'mon i know someone in denver wants to beat me in the head with a shillalegh.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
c'mon i know someone in denver wants to beat me in the head with a shillalegh.
I have a Silat friend in that general area, Chas Clements. But he's currently nearly bed-ridden with severe neuropathy.

Maybe once you're in the area you could check on him for me.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
ouch, that's really unfortunate. i would be happy to look in once i get there.

jf