Looking at the future

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I first started in TKD back in 1972 and I guess I have alway been a part of my life but with age comes health issue, so as I look into the future I am wondering what is it that we must really pass on to each and every student to ensure that TKD does not get lost or replaced by other Arts. I know my oldest Zachary will always have a school but what will he be teaching thirty years from now depends on wha I teach him today tommorrow and the day after, how will time effect his training and dignity?

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think Terry is thinking about the mark he has made and more importantly what he can do to steer the future in the best direction. At the same time realizing all we can do is create the environment which lets the next individual in the chain preserve, grow and influence the art and future practitioners in the best direction.
Its really the burden we carry and it is a large one.

Dave O.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dude, what are you trying to say?

TF there are times in our lifes that we must be remember and make our mark, for me that will be by my students and hopefully theres. I just want to go on record andsee if anybody else ever thinks about this. Below says it all.

think Terry is thinking about the mark he has made and more importantly what he can do to steer the future in the best direction. At the same time realizing all we can do is create the environment which lets the next individual in the chain preserve, grow and influence the art and future practitioners in the best direction.
Its really the burden we carry and it is a large one.

Dave O.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah, i think about that all the time dude. You know what it is for me?

if i can save ONE kid from being afraid, like i was in school, i will have left my mark.

If i can prevent ONE woman from being a victim, i can die a happy man.

thats why I teach.

Latest Discussions