Kukkiwon pending

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was just reading a quote from one person that tested in Vegas and he is trying to rally people to sue the KKW. Here is what jhe sayd and what do you all think about it?

Hello All:
This message is for all those martial artist that did the special Kukkiwon test in Vegas.
I am planning a law suit against Kukkiwon, due to the fact that they took the test money and refuse to answer question regarding the test.
I am encouraging any one that was affected by them to please contact me so we can get some justice from this.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Terry,
where was this posted?

Dave O.

From TKD.net lools like he means it and his handle is cswab1467, he is looking for people to join in but not alot of info yet as it becomes available I will post.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello All:
This message is for all those martial artist that did the special Kukkiwon test in Vegas.
I am planning a law suit against Kukkiwon, due to the fact that they took the test money and refuse to answer question regarding the test.
I am encouraging any one that was affected by them to please contact me so we can get some justice from this.

I think this is fascinating, but idiotic.

Is he going to sue in Vegas, his home state, in Korea?

When did refusing to answer questions regarding a test become a legal matter? Maybe the alleged silence of the Kukkiwon is the answer?

I am guessing this person, if he indeed tested, may not have passed the test. If he didn't pass, he should look at why he didn't pass rather than threatening a lawsuit. Did he think he automatically passed when he paid his check? (That might be a breach of contract but that's hardly a test.)

Was the check payable to the Kukkiwon or to USAT? I thought the USAT put on the test, so the Kukkiwon was just the test administrator-if that's the case, there's no "privity of contract" between the examiner and the examinee.

But, on the other hand, lawyers need to eat too. :) Sometimes the hardest part of a lawyer's job is to tell the client he has no case.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think this is fascinating, but idiotic.

Is he going to sue in Vegas, his home state, in Korea?

When did refusing to answer questions regarding a test become a legal matter? Maybe the alleged silence of the Kukkiwon is the answer?

I am guessing this person, if he indeed tested, may not have passed the test. If he didn't pass, he should look at why he didn't pass rather than threatening a lawsuit. Did he think he automatically passed when he paid his check? (That might be a breach of contract but that's hardly a test.)

Was the check payable to the Kukkiwon or to USAT? I thought the USAT put on the test, so the Kukkiwon was just the test administrator-if that's the case, there's no "privity of contract" between the examiner and the examinee.

But, on the other hand, lawyers need to eat too. :) Sometimes the hardest part of a lawyer's job is to tell the client he has no case.

I know Miles but iy looks like he is serious about it.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
twin fist you don't do kukkiwon forms do you?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
god no.

well, there is one that we do that the KKW does, Koryo, but in general? NOPE

ITF forms all the way baby

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That explains why you bash the kuukiwon so much. I don't do ITF forms, but I respect the style! I'm a big fan of the kukkiwon. I like the continuing education that they provide.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
it has nothing to do with that.

why I hate the KKW and wish they would die in a fire:
1-the constant rewritting of history
2-it isnt needed
3-it costs money
4-it promotes or makes it easy for instructors to rob students
5-the "we are the authority" attitude

there are things I like about the KKW:
a set list of requirements for rank
the database of certs, make it easy to be a smart shopper

trust me, most of myhate and ire is reserved for the WTF, not the kkw.

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone actually received their certificate yet?

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
it has nothing to do with that.

why I hate the KKW and wish they would die in a fire:
1-the constant rewritting of history
2-it isnt needed
3-it costs money
4-it promotes or makes it easy for instructors to rob students
5-the "we are the authority" attitude

Although i'm not a certifited counselor, i am willing to help you through your problem..
reply to
#1. Now what do you think Gen Choi did?
#2 What isn't needed
#3 Everything cost money... $70.00 for a Dan , come on!
#4 You can say that about any customer related product.
#5 They are when it comes to Kukkiwon matters...

Some of my own:
#1. You don't get some over wieght guy making up his own system and forms.
#2 People learn a system that although isn't every old, it still has traditional value.
#3 The ability to belong to something bigger then our own dojang.
#4 Continuing education

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know plenty of overweight people that could bust you (or anyone else) up, pretty quick. So thats sort of a silly thing to say.

Looking at history, "making up his own system and forms." is EXACTLY what the KKW did. That in and of itself isnt a bad thing. Ep Parker did it. Emerado did it. Chow did it.

But the KKW went one step further

They then proceeded to make up HISTORY as well. The Entire KKW organization is build on and based on lies. They made up a history that wasnt true, thats a lie.

and, so sorry if this offends, but anyone who pays them money ENDORSES those lies.

And listen up, I aint got no problem. I dont depend on some korean business to tell me that i know what i know. I dont need to belong to anything to know what i am and what I know. You want to be bigger than your own school? then make some BB's and have them open schools. POOF mission accomplished.

oh, and BTW- i dont give a crap what Choi did as I am not ITF either. Choi invented sine wave, the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow!!!! you are so angry! Do you need a hug.

joblo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There's an old angry, tuff guy on every forum. TF is probably a nice guy in person.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i aint angry, Now when someone tells me I got a problem, when I am not the one feeding money to korea, i might get a bit annoyed.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
i aint angry, Now when someone tells me I got a problem, when I am not the one feeding money to korea, i might get a bit annoyed.
I just wondering ( not being disrespectful) but when your students test, who gives them their rank? I don't mean gup, I mean dans.

Latest Discussions