Like them or not!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sopraisso

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, considering that one of the pair took it upon himself to question whether or not a guy was qualified to have a certain username on an internet forum....you gotta wonder.

I wish these gentlemen would find a way to share their knowledge in a less pompous manner.

Unfortunately I've been a little absent from the forum, so I couldn't notice they were no longer posting. I agree with you. Nevertheless, I would welcome them if they decide to show up.

Anyway, sometimes stopping is great to become better at something: when we stop we have time to think, to reflect and become better in form and content. To speak up is to give life to our ideas, it's a path to communication, but as well I think it's always good we think 10 times before we start to speak something, and in most of time the least we say, we least bad consequences we create!

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ill just add; I like Mastercole. Puunui can be a bit all over the place.
But Mastercole, despite being a bit confrontational, is mostly just interrogating topics. The confrontational side comes in when someone may not have meant for something to be interrogated :)

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like to think I have a pretty thick skin. I may not agree with everything different posters have to say, bysides MasterCole and Puunui, but I try not to take it to heart. More specifically, I don't really get out of sorts over disagreements, but sometimes think an answer could be put less confrontationally. And I would hope that if I get upset (I haven't yet really), I would just use the block feature rather than become confrontational myself, or complain.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
no one can dispute the amount of knowledge they brought in the short time they were here and its everyones loss that they have either chosen to leave or were asked.

I think people are idiots and whenever they read something THEY dont feel is right they hit the "report" tab on the post like a bunch of little whiners, instead of acting like a grown up and ignoring them or blowing it off and moving past it.

But typical as it may be, everyone seems to think they have a right to cry and complain and tell others when thier thin skin gets moist.

but since i probably just hurt someones feeling saying so, go ahead and click "report" this post on me too.

You know at some point people need to learn that everyone is different and we probably dont agree with them 99% of the time. Its a very easy life lesson that goes for everywhere, accept who and how they are and continue to associate with them with the understanding of HOW THEY ARE or Cut them off and avoid all contact and remove them from your lives and interactions.

that goes for this here internet forum too. you cant say "I wanna know what they said and take the time to read it even though they are an ***, then complain when your feeling are hurt or you think "thats not right". CLICK IGNORE and dont read ANYTHING the person who hurts your little feeling have to say.

I have only dont that to 1 idiot and I DONT CARE what he has to say, he never has any input that I will value so I hit IGNORE him. HE AND HIS POSTINGS are dead to me. Everyone who clicks "report this post" should grow thicker skin and do the same if you dont like the way someone "debates" or seems a little passionate about their thoughts or beliefs.

great loss. saw info/pictures/and videos of TKD history that none of the rest of the people here have ever introduced. but i guess we can go back to the "Do I use bleach on my uniform?" or "ITF is better than WTF" threads that seem to be pointless.

nuff said.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyway, sometimes stopping is great to become better at something: when we stop we have time to think, to reflect and become better in form and content. To speak up is to give life to our ideas, it's a path to communication, but as well I think it's always good we think 10 times before we start to speak something, and in most of time the least we say, we least bad consequences we create!

dude, they're like 90 and set in their ways.:wink2: they have strong beliefs and you (anyone) are not gonna convice someone to change the way they are.

Accept them for how they are or IGNORE them but dont feed into the "INTERNETS Battle of Wits" and then complain. (not you sopraisso, in general every/anyone)

Last edited:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone who joins here must agree to abide by the TOS and the forum rules. When a user violates the TOS or breaks the forum rules, they have to pay the price. No one can say that users who leave this board, either voluntarily or otherwise, did not have a fair opportunity to be a productive and positive member of this community. Bob Hubbard is the fairest person I know - sometimes to a fault IMHO.

It is always a shame to see high ranking, knowledgeable martial artists leave the board. That said, if one cannot control oneself to operate within a set of rules set forth by other martial artists, it surely must speak to where one is in their learning and development. And be sure that every single one of us is still learning and developing and growing.

These benchmarks, these reality checks can serve us well ... if only we let them.

Peace to all.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Neither of them are banned, and both are welcome to return if they choose to. Over time most infractions expire and access is restored, as long as people remain within the rules.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
great loss. saw info/pictures/and videos of TKD history that none of the rest of the people here have ever introduced.

yes.

but really, do hey need to pick apart why a member chose X or Y as username?!

With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

I hate to miss out on the wisdom, but I don't miss the delivery.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yes.

but really, do hey need to pick apart why a member chose X or Y as username?!

With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

I hate to miss out on the wisdom, but I don't miss the delivery.

sounds like an issue for User X and Y, not U !!!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just hope that someday, I'm important enough to be talked about when I'm not around. Even if it's not good. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Perhaps those kinds of matters are best handled via private message rather than open forum.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Well, if user X or Y are called out publicly, with the implication they are not entitled to the username.....that makes it a board matter.

I just hope that someday, I'm important enough to be talked about when I'm not around. Even if it's not good. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, do not tempt me! ;)

Perhaps those kinds of matters are best handled via private message rather than open forum.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

It should have been done in private.
but that is what stood out most about one of those fellows. A shade of self importance...not becoming.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kind of makes me wonder what people will say about me if I stop posting for awhile. Without either of them here to speak for themselves, should there really be a thread where we debate their posting styles? Some of us like them, some of us did not. We all agree that both were a wealth of information with regards to Korean martial arts.

Let's leave it at that.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kind of makes me wonder what people will say about me if I stop posting for awhile. Without either of them here to speak for themselves, should there really be a thread where we debate their posting styles? Some of us like them, some of us did not. We all agree that both were a wealth of information with regards to Korean martial arts.

Let's leave it at that.

I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions