Like them or not!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This BBS is not as interesting or entertainng without Puunui or Master Cole!!!!!

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I beg to differ.
Im not complaining about their presence, but Im not noticing much difference without them.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree as well. There are still tons of interesting topics. There's just less contention.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wait... Have they been banned? If so, I think thats a shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait... Have they been banned? If so, I think thats a shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, but they've both accumulated enough infractions to be on restricted access. Their absence is voluntary.

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Patience Gorilla, there's more where that came from :)

Sent from my plastic piece of crap using crapatalk!

Last edited:

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's really nothing illogical about it. Knowing a lot about A does not mean you're willing/able to follow the rules about B.

Its not that. I just love how two sided the coin is. On the one hand, You can praise them for bringing knowledge. On the other, They got a lot of infractions.

But for Your second sentence, Yes, I agree.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The mods doma good Jon here being fair. They have always been fair to me. It is a shame that they chose to leave. Hope they come back. Idid not agree with them all the time. Sometimes thier methods were a little grating but they added allot more to the BBS than they detracted from it.

I think allot of people did not like how they questioned the conventional wisdom of this board. Allot of things go unchallenged now!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, considering that one of the pair took it upon himself to question whether or not a guy was qualified to have a certain username on an internet forum....you gotta wonder.

I wish these gentlemen would find a way to share their knowledge in a less pompous manner.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I believe the information both of these gentlemen brought to the table was enlightening, although their delivery, at times, left a little to be desired. Hopefully they both return.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think it's a shame they're not posting, as I personally have learned a lot from both Mastercole and Punuui. That's all I can say.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hope they are back posting soon. I happened to like them. I didn't always agree with them, but I didn't have any problem with either of them. Also, in many of the confrontational exchanges between them and other members, they were not the only one's who should have been getting infraction points. Those confrontations were fueled equally by those others who were involved.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hope they are back posting soon. I happened to like them. I didn't always agree with them, but I didn't have any problem with either of them. Also, the confrontational exchanges between them and other members seemed to be equal parts other members.

+1 agree. The only confrontation I saw was 2 sided.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You quoted before I edited it a little, but my point remains the same. And I agree with you; the only ones that I saw were two sided and not always, or even most times, instigated by either gentleman.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Okay. I'd just like to add one last thing and then I think I'll bow out of this one. Speaking only for myself, there are days when someone posts something on these boards that is provocative and I post a response, whether it's because I agree or disagree or just don't understand fully.

Then there are times when I am a little bored, frankly, and feel like stirring the pot a little. It's not that I care deeply about the subject at hand. I just see that someone's overstated their position, said something I think is a little ridiculous or maybe I'm just feeling a little punchy, and I yank their chain a little. It's not malicious. It's kind of like sparring. Mostly fun, but maybe a little serious, too.

Whether they were similar, I don't know, but my perception is that they were.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There really isn't anymore to say. The thread title is accurate enough; either you like them or you don't.

I benefited greatly from their presence, particularly Glenn's. They made me step back and look at things from different angles that I would not have previously considered. I had to reassess some long held opinions as a result, and in some cases, changed them based on what I saw with new information and a fresh perspective.

And I thank them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions