Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Confession time...I hate waking up early, and it takes me a bit to get mentally ready. At my first clinic, I had a group therapy session that started at 8AM, and I discovered very quickly I was not sharp enough to perform group therapy for substance abusers that early.

When training Fu Jow Pai, while mostly an external style, I did learn some internal forms. So in the morning, I'd go to a parking lot nearby, and go through them for 15 - 30 minutes before going to work, so I'd be in the right mindset for my day-starting group therapy session. Over the couple years, I had multiple people come up to me and mention they saw me doing weird kung fu stuff when they got off the bus. Never stopped, never changed location, and honestly I think it humanized me to them a bit when I'd use that as an example of managing emotions.
I too feel better when I do some Qigong and taijiquan in the morning. Way back when I use to get up real early, exercise, do Xingyiquan and taijiquan and was good for the day.... have not done that in a long time.

Before my office moved, well over 10 years ago, there was a long tunnel from my office, up the hill all the way to the capital complex. I was usually the only one using it so I would do Xingyiquan 5 elements the length of the tunnel... it crossed a road like a bridge, had glass walls in large sections and it had cameras in it the state police monitored.... I'm thinking a whole lot of people thought I was crazy

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I too feel better when I do some Qigong and taijiquan in the morning. Way back when I use to get up real early, exercise, do Xingyiquan and taijiquan and was good for the day.... have not done that in a long time.

Before my office moved, well over 10 years ago, there was a long tunnel from my office, up the hill all the way to the capital complex. I was usually the only one using it so I would do Xingyiquan 5 elements the length of the tunnel... it crossed a road like a bridge, had glass walls in large sections and it had cameras in it the state police monitored.... I'm thinking a whole lot of people thought I was crazy
95% thought you were crazy, 5% understood. If only those 5% talked with you, you'd be great friends.

Given our career trajectories and martial arts path...I may just be your past self from 20-30 years earlier

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
95% thought you were crazy, 5% understood. If only those 5% talked with you, you'd be great friends.

Given our career trajectories and martial arts path...I may just be your past self from 20-30 years earlier
a bit of advice then.... I recommend staying away from the whole knee replacement thing ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You should've told me that before I started fencing. I can't do squats or hold a bended knee position with my right knee without pain already.
You should have told me sooner we were on similar trajectories ;)

Oh and the detached retina thing...just steer clear of that one...... I had to have it happen twice before I figured out it was bad idea :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should have told me sooner we were on similar trajectories ;)
If I knew I would've :rolleyes:
Oh and the detached retina thing...just steer clear of that one...... I had to have it happen twice before I figured out it was bad idea :D
Hmm yes, I think I'll avoid that particular issue. I'll trade it for breaking the same tooth 4 times. Seems much better than the eyes.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
5% is very generous. 😂
We're looking specifically at 5% of the people who work as security guards, which is a disproportionate amount of people training MA. I think at least one in twenty (if there are even twenty) understand

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
If I knew I would've :rolleyes:

Hmm yes, I think I'll avoid that particular issue. I'll trade it for breaking the same tooth 4 times. Seems much better than the eyes.
When my youngest was in elementary school, she was talking with her friends and they were trying to out do each other based on what their dad broke.
My dad broke his arm
my dad broke his ankle
my dad broke his leg
my dad, etc.
My youngest finally said, my dad broke his eye..... she was so happy when she came home that day because she won

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, the results from my allergy test (after suffering for years with a chronic sinus issue)
Dust, Mildew (I pretty much knew)
Grasses and - drummroll please
Cats.
Cats are not going anywhere, so Monday I am starting shots.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the results from my allergy test (after suffering for years with a chronic sinus issue)
Dust, Mildew (I pretty much knew)
Grasses and - drummroll please
Cats.
Cats are not going anywhere, so Monday I am starting shots.
The line is drawn on cats. Cats are people too.........We love our fur babies very much. :)

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weather is so nice today. 70F and sunny in the Seattle area. Cleaned up the grill and grilling some onions for burgers later.
Meanwhile in Colorado...

432403194_10232519824322373_5515934474539871330_n.jpg

Latest Discussions