Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the new PC is proving a bit problematic. Along with a raft of other small problems (probably more Windows issues than hardware), it just rendered a USB drive unusable. Can't even reformat the damned thing. Now I have to try to figure out if it's a hardware issue or just more Windows crap.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Discovered something I can use to exercise and not hurt for days afterwards. It is not the best, but its better than nothing for now

These things

SPRI-RESISTANCE-BANDS1.jpg

Ah GREAT choice, I've got resistance bands/tubes and they're very very versatile. I bring them if I travel, but still alot of fun to experiment with.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK, this is getting rather annoying and very old, very fast

I'm supposed to go to the dentist today to start the new crown procedure...but I'm nauseous.... I was supposed to start this 3 weeks ago....but I had a migraine.....also my ankle hurts and it looks much like my other ankle looked with I broke it....but if I did break it, I have no idea how I did it.

So debating on whether or not I am rescheduling the dental work again....and/or going to urgent care for an x-ray on the ankle........Which means I will likely not be going to work today.....if I do this.....I am getting REALLY tired of this joint pain stuff and feeling well much of the time.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm supposed to go to the dentist today to start the new crown procedure...but I'm nauseous.... I was supposed to start this 3 weeks ago....but I had a migraine.....also my ankle hurts and it looks much like my other ankle looked with I broke it....but if I did break it, I have no idea how I did it.

So debating on whether or not I am rescheduling the dental work again....and/or going to urgent care for an x-ray on the ankle........Which means I will likely not be going to work today.....if I do this.....I am getting REALLY tired of this joint pain stuff and feeling well much of the time.

Thinkin of ya mate. Can empathize with that feeling of constantly not feeling well... hang in there and be patient and kind with yourself. Do what you feel is for the best. If it means hanging off on appointments/procedures then no point rushing it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a mess, man. The only thing I like less than getting a crown is needing a crown...but not sure I'd be able to handle a visit to the dentist while nauseated.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's a mess, man. The only thing I like less than getting a crown is needing a crown...but not sure I'd be able to handle a visit to the dentist while nauseated.

I'm pretty sure I can't because of this medicated thing they put on the tooth that has to stay there for 2 full minutes. I am pretty sure the result will not be pretty

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well... looking at the weather for our Half Tough Mudder next Saturday... we might need a pit crew with blankets, hot beverages, and a hypothermia expert. At least we don't have to do the ice bath swim like the Full Mudders.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well... looking at the weather for our Half Tough Mudder next Saturday... we might need a pit crew with blankets, hot beverages, and a hypothermia expert. At least we don't have to do the ice bath swim like the Full Mudders.
Ah loooverly! I'll bring my espresso machine round ;D

(Thermal thermal thermal wear!)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
... had my last shift at work today. Very emotional leaving... has been such a great place to work the last 6 years and the people I worked with were amazing, but definitely time to go before it got worse (as if it possibly could). I do feel sorry for the new people being hired. So I leave with sadness, but confidence. Absolutely the right decision, so will see where this takes me...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
... had my last shift at work today. Very emotional leaving... has been such a great place to work the last 6 years and the people I worked with were amazing, but definitely time to go before it got worse (as if it possibly could). I do feel sorry for the new people being hired. So I leave with sadness, but confidence. Absolutely the right decision, so will see where this takes me...
Things like that are often rough. Thumbs up for the confidence - I am sure you'll find your path.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah loooverly! I'll bring my espresso machine round ;D

(Thermal thermal thermal wear!)
I like the way you think. When it comes to mud runs, the thing about layers is - you have to remember they will all get muddy and wet at some point. So, it's the balance between being warm at the start and not hauling too much soggy, dirty stuff on you at the finish.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You sound like me Friday a week ago.
Except I spend most of the day trying to regain my composure.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just stopped at the village shop to pick up milk, chap behind the counter had tobacco out waiting for me...

Just about 28 years of smoking - not even tempted.

Yeah, ok, only been three days - but that's the longest I've not smoked (barring illness).

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
First I should say that as I am typing this I am eating a piece of 72% dark chocolate and when I am done typing...I'm going to hobble over and get a cup of tea

Just tell them to gas you.
Yeah. Might be doubleplus ungood.

I rescheduled the dentist, I did not think she would appreciate my "addition" to the appointment when she made me bite that medicated thing. And the urgent care folks put me in a splint and told me to use a cane for a few days. Apparently I managed to give myself a bad sprain. Not exactly sure when, possibly last week. I think I may have twisted my ankle when I was out for a walk. Problem is I don't feel any pain when I twist my ankle so I can't be certain as to when I actually did it. And the weekends Yard work just made things worse.

Thinkin of ya mate. Can empathize with that feeling of constantly not feeling well... hang in there and be patient and kind with yourself. Do what you feel is for the best. If it means hanging off on appointments/procedures then no point rushing it.

Thanks

Well the ankle is a bad sprain and still waiting for results from the blood work. But I will admit I am feeling a bit better knowing the ankle is not broken

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well rescheduled the dentist and the urgent care folks put me in a splint and told me to use a cane for a few days. Apparently I managed to give myself a bad sprain. Not exactly sure when, possibly last week. I think I may have twisted my ankle when I was out for a walk. Problem is I don't feel any pain when I twist my ankle so I can't be certain as to when I actually did it. And the weekends Yard work just made things worse.
I am trying to figure out how it's possible to twist one's ankle and not feel pain. Are you human?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions