Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how it's possible to twist one's ankle and not feel pain. Are you human?

My wife asked that same question. The last time I felt pain with my ankle....I broke it.

I may get a quick, short, jolt of pain, not exactly sure, but it never stops me from continuing on with my walk totally pain free. However this time the pain apparently caught up to me.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to say it...that is just plain crazy
It is. And it's worse than it sounds - at least, worse than it sounded to me. I honestly thought for a moment I'd forget how to swim about halfway through that, and it took about 5 minutes of walking and jogging to start feeling normal again.

I think I get to skip it the next time I do a Full Mudder (there are privileges for doing it again), but I'm already considering I might just do it, anyway.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is. And it's worse than it sounds - at least, worse than it sounded to me. I honestly thought for a moment I'd forget how to swim about halfway through that, and it took about 5 minutes of walking and jogging to start feeling normal again.

I think I get to skip it the next time I do a Full Mudder (there are privileges for doing it again), but I'm already considering I might just do it, anyway.

a yeah......here...this is as close As I oculd find to where you are....maybe you should consider this...at least you won't freeze to death alone :D

Coney Island Polar Bear Club

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

You realize if you decide to do this again, I'll have to go with you because I am more resistant to cold... And haul my Hobbit bum over the entire ten miles to get you out of that thing alive.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just a piece of advice. If it's cold and downpouring outside DON'T go outside barefooted with shorts and a t-shirt. Not a good idea.
tenor.gif

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You realize if you decide to do this again, I'll have to go with you because I am more resistant to cold... And haul my Hobbit bum over the entire ten miles to get you out of that thing alive.
Nah, you don't have to do the 10-miler. I won't really know if I'm going to decide to do the ice again until I either climb in or bypass it. Far too late at that point for you to register.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nah, you don't have to do the 10-miler. I won't really know if I'm going to decide to do the ice again until I either climb in or bypass it. Far too late at that point for you to register.
It would be... interesting... I know I can walk 10 miles - theoretically. Well... not even theoretically - since I've done the 60-mile cancer walk, so 20 miles a day. It was insane - but I am in a much better athletic shape now. But the obstacles... UGh....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just a piece of advice. If it's cold and downpouring outside DON'T go outside barefooted with shorts and a t-shirt. Not a good idea.
tenor.gif
We are wearing the long-sleeve and long-leg stuff. Still gonna get cold and clammy since it's going to be... well... cold... and clammy... and we'll be dipping into some mud pools up to our chins. There is a reason one of the obstacles is called "Kiss of mud".

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be... interesting... I know I can walk 10 miles - theoretically. Well... not even theoretically - since I've done the 60-mile cancer walk, so 20 miles a day. It was insane - but I am in a much better athletic shape now. But the obstacles... UGh....
The added obstacles are less to your liking.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
You sound like me Friday a week ago.
Except I spend most of the day trying to regain my composure.
Ah yep, I was a bit of a wreck at times yesterday, emotional about leaving, but I'm sure we both know it was for the best and out of a certainty in our decision :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just stopped at the village shop to pick up milk, chap behind the counter had tobacco out waiting for me...

Just about 28 years of smoking - not even tempted.

Yeah, ok, only been three days - but that's the longest I've not smoked (barring illness).
Awesome to hear man :)

Reactions: pdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions