Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And Airlie Beach! Nice, my cousin lives in Queensland, I think Cleveland area

Nice.

And just to give people a concept of scale Cleveland is about a thousand kilometers away.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It appears I cannot do any type of strength training at the moment....or do much cardio for that matter

Lift weights, does not matter light or heavy, and the next day I have joint pain in wrists, elbows, knees, hips and occasionally shoulder
Total Gym, does not matter light or heavy, and the next day I have joint pain in wrists, elbows, and occasionally shoulder
Bowflex, does not matter light or heavy, and the next day I have joint pain in wrists, elbows, and occasionally shoulder
Stationary Bike, joint pain in hips and knees the next day
and this pain lasts for a couple days.

Be glad when the results of all that testing are in

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a colleague call me to a board room where he was setting up a projector. It was not working, he did not know what to do. He connected the VGA and the DVI cable to the projector.....from the projector.....all he plugged into the laptop was the USB for the Projector remote
Hey, as long as you plug in both ends of the cable, it's supposed to work, damnit!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that attracted the ban I referred to was that I suggested a diabetic check with his doctor before accepting dietary advice from a car mechanic...

Apparently, that made me "unacceptably argumentative".
You bastard! What gives you the right???

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears I cannot do any type of strength training at the moment....or do much cardio for that matter

Lift weights, does not matter light or heavy, and the next day I have joint pain in wrists, elbows, knees, hips and occasionally shoulder
Total Gym, does not matter light or heavy, and the next day I have joint pain in wrists, elbows, and occasionally shoulder
Bowflex, does not matter light or heavy, and the next day I have joint pain in wrists, elbows, and occasionally shoulder

That sounds frustrating. Even with the bits of tendinitis I still have hanging around, I get frustrated when it cuts down my training, and I'm not dealing with anything that extensive. Hope they find you some relief soon.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Spent well over fifteen travel hours flying home yesterday. What a tiring pain in the butt that is. LAX was especially fun. I asked several employees at LAX questions on where something was. They did not speak English. They tried, and they were nice, you could tell, they really were. But it was like being on a SNL skit.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Sorry to hear mate... do what you can tolerate, even light bodyweight exercises/movements. Hope you find some relief soon

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Spent well over fifteen travel hours flying home yesterday. What a tiring pain in the butt that is. LAX was especially fun. I asked several employees at LAX questions on where something was. They did not speak English. They tried, and they were nice, you could tell, they really were. But it was like being on a SNL skit.

I flew out of Oslo Airport in Norway.....everyone spoke english...and multiple other languages as well. Also when I was in Narita airport I had no problem speaking english. I also flew out of LAX I had to talk a TSA guy down from tackling me and wrestling me to the ground because I was wearing a rigid knee brace and set off the metal detector. He just kept yelling at me to freeze, stand still, don't move. I had to scratch my arm and I though he was going to jump me. I truly believe if he was armed he would have pulled his side arm out. However english is not as prevalent in LAX as it was in Oslo or Narita. Beijing however, speaking only English could be a problem

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
just make sure you get that ballistic fireproof case with it.

Ended up with one that's IP67 rated by itself anyway and relatively overspecced cells so they'll get an easy life.

I'll admit to getting a bit more carried away than initially intended - but hey, a few weeks down the line without buying tobacco and it's paid for.

Just over 12 hours since turning it on, most usual cigarette trigger events survived (meal, drinks, post tkd class etc.)...

Stopped myself reaching for tobacco a couple of times, but that was more a reflex action than actually wanting one.

And so to bed - next test is that first thing in the morning malarkey ;) Get through that without drama and I see no reason to go back.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ended up with one that's IP67 rated by itself anyway and relatively overspecced cells so they'll get an easy life.

I'll admit to getting a bit more carried away than initially intended - but hey, a few weeks down the line without buying tobacco and it's paid for.

Just over 12 hours since turning it on, most usual cigarette trigger events survived (meal, drinks, post tkd class etc.)...

Stopped myself reaching for tobacco a couple of times, but that was more a reflex action than actually wanting one.

And so to bed - next test is that first thing in the morning malarkey ;) Get through that without drama and I see no reason to go back.
well, 'habit' is part of the problem.
Maybe you need to rearrange the house a little.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ah nice work, that's pretty huge :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had a pleasant surprise tonight.

Jacob's Sensei gave him a purple heart bo that once belonged to his Sensei.

WOW..... he would have been so honoured, that's fantastic, his Sensei must feel Jacob's a really devoted student :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Had a pleasant surprise tonight.

Jacob's Sensei gave him a purple heart bo that once belonged to his Sensei.

I’m not sure what a Purple Heart bo is. Not a clue.

But I sure do have an appreciation for what you just said.

Wow. Please give him my congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions