Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Teeth cleaning survived. My technician today was a bit of a rough handler, but all in all - not too bad. Heck, compared to Soviet dentistry, this is almost a spa experience.
In US you clean teeth in Sovjet Russia, teeth clean you!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's more like - in Soviet Russia, teeth cleaning people kill you. Or try real hard.

My dentist, from many years ago, had done some research into Chinese dentistry and he said it was a rather amazing and bizarre contrast to dentistry in the USA... in some areas the Chinese were way ahead of US dentistry and it was an amazing thing to see and in other areas you would swear they were medieval dentists.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Dirty Dog

I'm getting a new car and it ISfaster than your old antiquated corvette..... because it is turbocharged.....NOTHING will be able to beat my Turbocharged 4 cylinder Honda engine...because its TURBOCHARGED!!!!!! :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Dirty Dog

I'm getting a new car and it ISfaster than your old antiquated corvette..... because it is turbocharged.....NOTHING will be able to beat my Turbocharged 4 cylinder Honda engine...because its TURBOCHARGED!!!!!! :D
giphy.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
kicking and screaming.....I have been FORCED into the age of the iPhone.
Mrs Xue asked me if I were to get a smart phone, which one would I get...I said a Samsung
I also said I'm happy with my flip phone.......
Black Friday appears..... I get a surprise.... an iPhone X
I say thanks...but I like my flip phone.....
guess what I just discovered.......
My flip phone is no longer connected to the network...
Mrs Xue has activated my smart phone..... that is still in the box...in my kitchen....
I've been forced into the age of the smart phone...and with a dang iPhone too.....
and now....for the moment...I have no phone.....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a Stupidity Statute. This woman will someday raise children that will marry into your family.

GPS Tells Woman To Drive On Railroad Tracks
Years ago, before GPS was a thing for consumers, I printed a set of directions from MapQuest. I was excited, because the directions made it clear the store I wanted was quite near my home - within a mile or two, and I didn't know there was one that close. So, I got on Hwy 29 and started following the directions. 1.5 miles later, the directions indicate I should turn right. That would be right in the middle of a good-sized lake - no roads within a 1/2 mile either direction. Somehow, I managed to resist the urge to drown myself getting to that store (which, it turns out, was not in the middle of a lake - nor even within a few miles of my house).

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kicking and screaming.....I have been FORCED into the age of the iPhone.
Mrs Xue asked me if I were to get a smart phone, which one would I get...I said a Samsung
I also said I'm happy with my flip phone.......
Black Friday appears..... I get a surprise.... an iPhone X
I say thanks...but I like my flip phone.....
guess what I just discovered.......
My flip phone is no longer connected to the network...
Mrs Xue has activated my smart phone..... that is still in the box...in my kitchen....
I've been forced into the age of the smart phone...and with a dang iPhone too.....
and now....for the moment...I have no phone.....
If my last flip phone still worked on the network, I'd have two phones. The tiny computer is really handy, but I miss my Star Tac.

Status
Not open for further replies.