Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Currently 10:43pm... had a 9am online session this morning and have another 2 hour one booked for 12am... TRYING so hard to stay awake... even purposely doing that nervous energy leg shake thing to pretend to be awake haha..

BUT... really looking forward to it

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Heeeeere we gooooo!
4270d8cb29f04d6568b4d9b3fac634bd.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wildfire map. We are out of the woods for now (if you'll excuse the pun) from the fires in my area. The ones that were close have all been taken care of. But the air quality remains very poor. We're hoping for some rain and relief over the next few days. Map below is from just a few minutes ago.
Capture.JPG

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A fiiiiiine Cuban today!
c50cb33629e495519d8e7190383c734a.jpg
Very nice. Got an email this morning saying that my new Niche Zero grinder has been shipped (about 3 weeks earlier than I expected).

But I'm making pretty good coffee already. An Americano (2 oz espresso and 6 oz hot water):

PXL_20200911_135526179.jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wildfire map. We are out of the woods for now (if you'll excuse the pun) from the fires in my area. The ones that were close have all been taken care of. But the air quality remains very poor. We're hoping for some rain and relief over the next few days. Map below is from just a few minutes ago.
View attachment 23159
Is this all (or almost all) a result of that one fire from el dorado, or have weather conditions just been really bad fire-safety-wise this year causing a bunch of unrelated fires?

Either way, hoping you/kung fu wang/flying crane/anyone else out near the coast is doing well.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Is this all (or almost all) a result of that one fire from el dorado, or have weather conditions just been really bad fire-safety-wise this year causing a bunch of unrelated fires?

Either way, hoping you/kung fu wang/flying crane/anyone else out near the coast is doing well.
We actually had a pretty big fire just a few miles from my house, in Sumner, WA. I think it's well contained now (within the last few days), but it was a little too close for comfort. While we aren't used to wildfires on the wet side of Washington State, they are becoming increasingly severe here and everywhere else.

Here's a video from just a few days ago. The Sumner Grade fire where these folks live was just about 10 or so miles away from where I live.

https://king5.com/embeds/video/281-a44d7008-7720-4da0-9645-544422b2c750/iframe?jwsource=cl

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
View attachment 23159
Wow.... it sounds horrific... stay safe guys, glad to hear you're okay

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very nice. Got an email this morning saying that my new Niche Zero grinder has been shipped (about 3 weeks earlier than I expected).

But I'm making pretty good coffee already. An Americano (2 oz espresso and 6 oz hot water):

View attachment 23160

Oh that's very exciting... am sure you'll love the Niche. Longer term users are still really happy with theirs. And single dosing saves heaps of beans too, no purging required!

Ah and have you gotten your Profitec yet? :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am feeling under the weather today.
Quite literally.
And ghost from the past are here to visit.
Along with spectres of the future.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I like to knap as the sun is going down. There's something I find peaceful, as the light is changing. It's always a mistake and I wake up at 10p and don't go back to sleep. I do it anyway.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
View attachment 23159

There is a wildfire in New Hampshire!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions