Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Stopping by to say...got another dang cortisone shot in the most recent surgery knee today...so things for that knee...are not going well at this point...wait and see what the cortisone does

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a wildfire in New Hampshire!?
Two according to this map
upload_2020-9-22_22-2-14.png

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Two things I've noticed since I've started paying attention to sumo last year, both a correction of what I learned through stereotyping/pop-culture.
The first is-they're not all fat. Some of them are, but not all of them, and it's not always whoever's bigger will win. Which leads to my second point-it's not just two people ramming into each other and whoever pushes harder wins. I watched the first 5 matches of day 1, each one is a completely different type of match, with completely different wins. Only one of the 5 was a straight up ramming the other person out. And this isn't an anomaly, this is pretty common among the professional sumo tournaments that I've seen (and I have to assume the amateur ones have even more diversity).

So my point is-sumo's not what most people think of it, and is really freaking cool to watch.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stopping by to say...got another dang cortisone shot in the most recent surgery knee today...so things for that knee...are not going well at this point...wait and see what the cortisone does
G'day! Ah sorry my Aussie took over then... greetings and salutations!

Ah yikes... hoping it helps the knee..

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck with that knee. You never know when a surgery will suddenly help. And don't do things that are 'proper form' but will hurt it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xue, I do know too much or too frequent cortisone injections cause cartilage damage. Something about making the cartilage spongy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue, I do know too much or too frequent cortisone injections cause cartilage damage. Something about making the cartilage spongy.

I know. That makes 2 in one knee and 1 in the other in about 12 years....1 in a hip....1 in a shoulder.......I think maybe 1 in an elbow....... basically...I'm an arthritic, torn meniscus mess

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know. That makes 2 in one knee and 1 in the other in about 12 years....1 in a hip....1 in a shoulder.......I think maybe 1 in an elbow....... basically...I'm an arthritic, torn meniscus mess
I feel you brother. I was told more than one every 6 months is a bad thing. Sounds like you are in good shape. I hope the shot(s) help for a while.
Since the mess with infection I had in my leg after the hardware removal earlier this year my Ortho is taking a hard line on not doing both knee replacements at the same time. This stinks to me but I do get his logic, that if an infection shows up again it could spread to both knees and really cause a mess. I meet with him again next week and hopefully will confirm whether I am a go for October on the left knee or not.
One more messed up year.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got an email from something that I have to assume I was on a blog and subscribed to their emails or something. Addresses me by name, the title is "For those who LOVE chopping low kicks", and the first sentence is "I know that you are one of these people."

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just got an email from something that I have to assume I was on a blog and subscribed to their emails or something. Addresses me by name, the title is "For those who LOVE chopping low kicks", and the first sentence is "I know that you are one of these people."

Wow...... the truth has come out... I knew it all along but didn't wanna say anything!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
1F9C03BB-83D8-4E90-B480-E6FC42201A65.png

PSA

Don’t fart in a white suit.

Don’t eat the yellow snow.

Don’t get your threads locked.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
My face is burnt like a piece of toast(sunburn). It kinda hurt a little yesterday too, but I'm too high and mighty to put anything on it.

Moving on... I heard a weird noise last night. I was walking to my room and heard the pretty distinctive sound of a chair being scooted. I looked in my dining room, but none of the chairs looked even remotely pushed. I think. I didn't actually look that hard at them. However for all tenses and purposes, I was paranoid. I armed myself with my wooden jian ,and had my trusty chihuahua Snowball by my side. Jack(doberman) wasn't concerned enough to get out of bed. Technically Snowball only came cause she follows me everywhere. I'm so paranoid at this point I look in every room of my house twice. Nothing was there of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions