Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just was told... and then of course I did a silly amount of researching which I shall not admit to just HOW much.....

But....... get ready...... for this.....

"When you have finished brushing, try to spit out the toothpaste and don’t rinse with water. Leaving some toothpaste on your teeth is a really great way to give your teeth some extra ongoing protection."

DID ANYONE ELSE KNOW THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I never heard that before, but it makes perfect sense to me. Thanks, bro.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm okay with certain heights. Observation decks like the Empire State Building and stuff like that I have no problem with, or airplanes etc.
I sure as hell wouldn't go up in a hot air baloon, though.

And I couldn't walk out on that glass walkway thing over the Grand Canyon. Not unless I had been constipated for a while and really had to crap myself.

View attachment 22893

Even the picture gives me a little bit of the horrors.

It's definitely the terminal velocity thing. Just plain scares me.

Grand Canyon West Rim. I did not go on the glass walkway. But that entire dang thing is scary. There are no railings and no barriers anywhere there so walking off the edge into the canyon is pretty dang easy if your not looking. I stopped a Chinese man form walking backwards off the edge as he was backing up to take a picture of his family. Walk behind him, but my hand on his back and said Zúgòu yuǎn (far enough)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Grand Canyon West Rim. I did not go on the glass walkway. But that entire dang thing is scary. There are no railings and no barriers anywhere there so walking off the edge into the canyon is pretty dang easy if your not looking. I stopped a Chinese man form walking backwards off the edge as he was backing up to take a picture of his family. Walk behind him, but my hand on his back and said Zúgòu yuǎn (far enough)
Riding a burro into the canyon was Way more scary than the glass walkway. Thought for sure I was dead a few times.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just was told... and then of course I did a silly amount of researching which I shall not admit to just HOW much.....

But....... get ready...... for this.....

"When you have finished brushing, try to spit out the toothpaste and don’t rinse with water. Leaving some toothpaste on your teeth is a really great way to give your teeth some extra ongoing protection."

DID ANYONE ELSE KNOW THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I just heard that same advice in a recent podcast or news story (perhaps BBC). I’ve tried it, but I keep rinsing out of habit. I think for the full benefit of the fluoride, you also have to not eat or drink for 5 minutes.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Xue! How are ya goin? :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep, makes sense! I actually think I used to not rinse when I was a kid, but saw someone else do it so I thought I should. It's even suggested using mouthwash not straight brushing your teeth but at a different time in the day. I would have thought mouthwash would be a good thing to end with, but the rinse still negates alot of the benefits of fluoride.

But ALSO fluoride is how "they" control our minds. So... there is that!

That being said, admittedly I also learned some teeth brushing tips from South Park. I had no idea that I should be brushing the back of my teeth too until Mr. Hankey said it to the boys!

(I wish I was joking XD, what an educational show!)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yep, makes sense! I actually think I used to not rinse when I was a kid, but saw someone else do it so I thought I should. It's even suggested using mouthwash not straight brushing your teeth but at a different time in the day. I would have thought mouthwash would be a good thing to end with, but the rinse still negates alot of the benefits of fluoride.

That being said, admittedly I also learned some teeth brushing tips from South Park. I had no idea that I should be brushing the back of my teeth too until Mr. Hankey said it to the boys!

Not sure about Australia, but I think we get plenty of fluoride in our water. According to my dentist, if people in America would just floss a few times each week, that would make a huge difference.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure about Australia, but I think we get plenty of fluoride in our water. According to my dentist, if people in America would just floss a few times each week, that would make a huge difference.

Yeah we do too but not sure how much.. that would actually help too huh.

Yep, flossing is a habit I'm TRYING to get into. It is... getting there XD.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The interview I was listening to suggested using the mouthwash before brushing, a habit I picked up years ago, though I know not where.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In our area, there’s a lot of well water, so. I fluoride (but more trace minerals). As for flossing, I seem to go through phases. I’ll floss daily for a few months, then suddenly stop for no reason.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In our area, there’s a lot of well water, so. I fluoride (but more trace minerals). As for flossing, I seem to go through phases. I’ll floss daily for a few months, then suddenly stop for no reason.
I lost a couple of teeth in fights in my misspent youth. As a result, I have a couple of bridges, which make flossing a pain. So, I don't floss per se, but I do use these guys all the time. I carry them around with me, and use them after I eat pretty much anything. They really do the job, and keep your gums healthy. They're dirt cheap and available in every grocery store around here.

815Frz1N7yL._SL1500_.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lost a couple of teeth in fights in my misspent youth. As a result, I have a couple of bridges, which make flossing a pain. So, I don't floss per se, but I do use these guys all the time. I carry them around with me, and use them after I eat pretty much anything. They really do the job, and keep your gums healthy. They're dirt cheap and available in every grocery store around here.

815Frz1N7yL._SL1500_.jpg
I tried something like that, but couldn’t get comfortable with them. I always felt like I was forcing them in a too-tight space.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I tried something like that, but couldn’t get comfortable with them. I always felt like I was forcing them in a too-tight space.
There are a couple like these that felt the same for me. These little guys (the specific ones in the picture) are very soft, and even when I'm using them between my gum and a bridge, they don't feel too tight. In fact, because they're a little less rigid than some of the others, they take a little finesse to use without bending them. Using them correctly is a great demonstration of aiki in practice, one might say. :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a couple like these that felt the same for me. These little guys (the specific ones in the picture) are very soft, and even when I'm using them between my gum and a bridge, they don't feel too tight. In fact, because they're a little less rigid than some of the others, they take a little finesse to use without bending them. Using them correctly is a great demonstration of aiki in practice, one might say. :D
I'll have to pick some of those up and give them a try. Mind you, they won't work in the real world - and definitely not in a flossing competition. :p

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep same, flossing fhlases! But I just flossed this morning, we're off to a good start!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Going fine, how are things for you?
Just stopped by to update the blog and make a spelling correction or two that I missed
Ah nice, great to hear! Yeah been well here, ups and downs but okay. Having sizeable increases daily of positive Covid cases in our state occurring but they're still going ahead with easing of restrictions... see how we go...

ALSO... just wanted to stop, and recognise... that this is officially post 9,000. We've done well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions