Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oooooh! I wasn't familiar with this cake recipe from her. I'm going to have to try that bad boy.
It is so damn good. I mean... so good I recommend you double the recipe so you can just eat two of the cakes right out of the oven with a cup or two of coffee.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is so damn good. I mean... so good I recommend you double the recipe so you can just eat two of the cakes right out of the oven with a cup or two of coffee.

You know what? You are a man of infinite wisdom. I think I may have to do just that. Maybe Kona or Peabury coffee. Sounds like one hell of a plan.

And I'm still really digging those smoked salmon suckers you sent me and turned me on to. So awesome.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You know what? You are a man of infinite wisdom. I think I may have to do just that. Maybe Kona or Peabury coffee. Sounds like one hell of a plan.

And I'm still really digging those smoked salmon suckers you sent me and turned me on to. So awesome.
Living in Hawaii, I bet you have easy access to Kona coffee.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard work, hard work... say no more! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat! Know what I mean?

By the way, if I'm the only one here who watched Monty Python, you guys are really missing out on some quality innuendo:

I recognized that immediately, and the Hobbit did, too. We quote that kind of thing to each other routinely.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hard work, hard work... say no more! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat! Know what I mean?

By the way, if I'm the only one here who watched Monty Python, you guys are really missing out on some quality innuendo:

OMG, I ADORE Monty Python.

As for work - wanna give it a shot with me? ;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This provoked a curious mental image... :wideyed:

Tis a small mental image I'm sure. But as they say -

"You can't judge the depth of the well by the length of the handle on the pump."

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I do, a buddy even has some growing on his property. We have a bootload of different coffees at the house. And friends on the mainland are always sending us new coffees they've found. A buddy just sent some Owls Howl. It's a tad weaker than I like, but okay for an afternoon quick cup....when you don't really feel like a cup of coffee.

I went into a local coffee store here several years ago for breakfast. While there, I asked the Barista what the best coffee he had was. He told me it was Jamaican Blue. It certainly was the most expensive. I bought a pound. Ended up throwing it away after a few cups.

It was the most pussy coffee I've ever had. You could drink a quart of it and go right to sleep. A friend told me it was probably the wrong blend. I replied that that was like saying you didn't eat the right kind of poop.

But I like Kona. What's your favorite coffee? And what's anybody's favorite coffees that are reading this?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
OMG, I ADORE Monty Python.

As for work - wanna give it a shot with me? ;)
I don't think this is my cup of tea.

It's really cool, and your video is great... BUT, that music... really? :)

Seriously, though, have you ever heard of the band Beats Antique? Mostly instrumental and they have a belly dancer in the band. Here's a video of them from when they were here in Seattle performing at Bumbershoot:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, sat at home, half the day, on my work laptop, answering email. Can't go in because of quarantine. Then no email, nothing. So I spent most of the afternoon, with my work phone on my belt, checking e-mail, raking my yard. Got one whole email in that time.... and it was a response to a question I asked earlier that day.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I do, a buddy even has some growing on his property. We have a bootload of different coffees at the house. And friends on the mainland are always sending us new coffees they've found. A buddy just sent some Owls Howl. It's a tad weaker than I like, but okay for an afternoon quick cup....when you don't really feel like a cup of coffee.

I went into a local coffee store here several years ago for breakfast. While there, I asked the Barista what the best coffee he had was. He told me it was Jamaican Blue. It certainly was the most expensive. I bought a pound. Ended up throwing it away after a few cups.

It was the most pussy coffee I've ever had. You could drink a quart of it and go right to sleep. A friend told me it was probably the wrong blend. I replied that that was like saying you didn't eat the right kind of poop.

But I like Kona. What's your favorite coffee? And what's anybody's favorite coffees that are reading this?
I have a few. There's one from Papua New Guinea that is my hands down favorite: Papua New Guinea Kainantu Sero. I order green beans online, and roast them at home, so I try coffee from a lot of places. This stuff makes terrific espresso.

I also really like Kona coffee, but it's pricey, even when you buy the beans unroasted.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Actually, I can drink any coffee and go to sleep...use to work thrird shift in a hospital and I would have coffee at every nurse's station, go home in the morning, have a cup of coffee with breakfast, and go to bed.

I also like Kona, but there was a coffee I use to get that I was quite fond of that was a bit more acidic that Kona. Tanzania Peaberry. And I'm not making that name up either

tanzaniapeaberry.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Actually, I can drink any coffee and go to sleep...use to work thrird shift in a hospital and I would have coffee at every nurse's station, go home in the morning, have a cup of coffee with breakfast, and go to bed.

I also like Kona, but there was a coffee I use to get that I was quite fond of that was a bit more acidic that Kona. Tanzania Peaberry. And I'm not making that name up either

tanzaniapeaberry.jpg
There are actually quite a few Tanzania Peaberry. Peaberry isn't actually a specific brand or type of coffee. It's a coffee bean that has one bean in it rather than two. So, peaberry coffee beans from Tanzania are all Tanzanian Peaberry.

They tend to be stronger, I think.

Fun coffee fact: roasting actually leeches caffeine out of the beans, so if you took the same beans and roasted one lighter and one darker, the dark roast would taste stronger, but the lighter roast would have more caffeine.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There are actually quite a few Tanzania Peaberry. Peaberry isn't actually a specific brand or type of coffee. It's a coffee bean that has one bean in it rather than two. So, peaberry coffee beans from Tanzania are all Tanzanian Peaberry.

They tend to be stronger, I think.

Fun coffee fact: roasting actually leeches caffeine out of the beans, so if you took the same beans and roasted one lighter and one darker, the dark roast would taste stronger, but the lighter roast would have more caffeine.

I would say it is a specific type based on shape, higher acidity, and the region in which it is grown. it is more round because it is the only bean in the pod, and it mostly is grown on Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru.

And I know about the light dark thing, and it is a pretty cool fact, since most go for dark to get more caffeine. However I did read somewhere that there might actually be more caffeine in a cup of dark roast because it is packed together tighter than light roast translating to there is more of it used to make a cup of coffee than light roast. But pound for pound light roast has more caffeine.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think this is my cup of tea.

It's really cool, and your video is great... BUT, that music... really? :)

Seriously, though, have you ever heard of the band Beats Antique? Mostly instrumental and they have a belly dancer in the band. Here's a video of them from when they were here in Seattle performing at Bumbershoot:

Hey, that's Yngwie Malmsteen! It's a classic!

There's actually a great channel out there called Massive Spectacular with clips from the Massive Spectacular festival in Vegas going back like ten years. I am subscribed and I love it. I also follow individual dancers like April Rose, Horus Mozarabe, Rachel Bryce, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions