Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Don't know yet. She said the contact was on the 23rd or 24th I know it was the 19th
Oh brother. :)
Sorry to hear about your uncle
Thanks, it was a real shock. We knew the fall was bad, but we thought he was actually on the mend. He was breathing on his own, drinking and eating, and they were talking about sending him home.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tough couple of weeks. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. My uncle Cecil passed away a few weeks ago from a bad fall. He was 88, and also in great health. But when he fell, he hit his head, and just never was able to recover.

Question regarding your self-quarantine. Is that 14 days from when you had contact with her, or 14 days starting today?
Very sorry for your loss.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue and Steve, sorry for your losses, guys.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So, the main reason I am here is I'm just checking in on you guys to make sure everyone is okay. You guys hanging in there?

Every one doing okay?

Personally, we're doing just fine. Like most of you, I have a lot of people in my personal and professional circles who are struggling with this virus, some are pretty sick. But, mostly, it's just working through the inconvenience. Overall, I consider myself pretty lucky.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, it was an awful weekend. my 85 year old Mother-in-law, who is physically in better shape than I am, fell and broke her hip in her nursing home on Saturday and is in surgery for a possible total hip today. And a person, and incredible martial artist, I have known for years, who has taught a lot of people over the years, passed away on Sunday. More on that in teh Hall of Remembrance later.

And NOW for today....remember this

Guess who is now waiting for test results to see if they are positive for Covid-19.

My contact with her was 12 days ago..... they sent me home today....and if this person is positive....they have single handedly taken out all of the IT department in my office, and several others as well. Does not matter what she told me that day, she listed me as a contact. Either way I have now been told that I should self-quarantine for 14 days...oh and if her test does come out positive.....the entire department goes down because she was in contact with 3 from IT that have been all over the floor....

It's just been a great 3 days

Best wishes, Friend!

Keeping my fingers crossed for MIL and a negative test!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tough couple of weeks. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. My uncle Cecil passed away a few weeks ago from a bad fall. He was 88, and also in great health. But when he fell, he hit his head, and just never was able to recover.

Question regarding your self-quarantine. Is that 14 days from when you had contact with her, or 14 days starting today?
Godspeed!
brain injuries are the pits!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Best be careful, Donald, I was doing that last week and accidentally knocked out one of the characters in Breaking Bad. :)
Knowing my luck I'd probably just get myself knocked out...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, the main reason I am here is I'm just checking in on you guys to make sure everyone is okay. You guys hanging in there?

Every one doing okay?

Personally, we're doing just fine. Like most of you, I have a lot of people in my personal and professional circles who are struggling with this virus, some are pretty sick. But, mostly, it's just working through the inconvenience. Overall, I consider myself pretty lucky.
Me and my family are doing alright here. Hoping it stays that way.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Every one doing okay?

Doing good here. Been out of work for a few weeks on my Doc's orders, might go back mid April, maybe May. My Doc has say so, not me.

My wife and I have been donating avocados to shelters, food banks and to the airport for the workers and their families. A good thousand pounds of the suckers, probably more. The airport looks like a ghost town, it's all rather eerie.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Doing good here. Been out of work for a few weeks on my Doc's orders, might go back mid April, maybe May. My Doc has say so, not me.

My wife and I have been donating avocados to shelters, food banks and to the airport for the workers and their families. A good thousand pounds of the suckers, probably more. The airport looks like a ghost town, it's all rather eerie.
I bet that's weird. Hope you get back to work soon. I'm taking a few weeks off to hang out with my youngest. She's home from school until at least 4/26, but I am guessing they'll cancel the rest of the year.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, it was an awful weekend. my 85 year old Mother-in-law, who is physically in better shape than I am, fell and broke her hip in her nursing home on Saturday and is in surgery for a possible total hip today. And a person, and incredible martial artist, I have known for years, who has taught a lot of people over the years, passed away on Sunday. More on that in teh Hall of Remembrance later.

Guess who is now waiting for test results to see if they are positive for Covid-19.

My contact with her was 12 days ago..... they sent me home today....and if this person is positive....they have single handedly taken out all of the IT department in my office, and several others as well. Does not matter what she told me that day, she listed me as a contact. Either way I have now been told that I should self-quarantine for 14 days...oh and if her test does come out positive.....the entire department goes down because she was in contact with 3 from IT that have been all over the floor....

I am so sorry. Must be a $%($*^&$ storm of some sort - two of my friends in different countries had lost a parent last week, not to COVID-19 but to other causes.

Be patient with your quarantine. It is survivable. Mrs. Xue will take good care of you.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am so sorry. Must be a $%($*^&$ storm of some sort - two of my friends in different countries had lost a parent last week, not to COVID-19 but to other causes.

Be patient with your quarantine. It is survivable. Mrs. Xue will take good care of you.

I believe I am fine. As for the quarantine.... I find it kind of funny in a way.....it is voluntary.....but I was told I was volunteering....kindo fo like volunteering in the military

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Every one doing okay?

I'm glad you and yours are doing well out there, Steve. I've thought about you, hearing about the concentraion of cases in that corner of the world.

We're doing okay here. I'm just coming off a 14-day quarantine (had a Lyft passenger who turned out to be a confirmed case), and struggling to put together some income with all my training and consulting work currently on complete shut-down. But there are folks dealing with a lot worse, so I'm feeling lucky so far.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is it crazy that I have to share my mixed nuts with my dogs?
I mean, they are nuttier than squirrel poop! They have stolen the nut container and raided it!
Once I found it on the deck!
Another time in the floor with tell-tale bite marks!
I know, they are trying to tell me it was the cats.....

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm sorry Xue... a rough time for sure... thinking of you and hoping the test is negative.. take care and let us know how you go.

And yeah... I've had to be quite blunt with some people who still want to catch up..

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

So sorry to hear that Steve, hope you guys are okay

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Every one doing okay?

It's good to hear from you Steve, and great to hear you're okay. We're okay over here... my partner is still at work which we think is a terrible idea and unnecessary to keep them open...

We're at stage 3 at this stage, so fairly locked down but not completely. Only leave for essentials, exercise, and only 2 people "groups" allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.