Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Hobbit doesn't have 50 pairs of shoes. Or 50 of anything. If she gets new things like purses, it's because I trick her into showing me which one she likes and then buy it.
Not true! I totally bought myself earrings... several times even! And I have 6 whole hip scarves for belly dancing. And my fitness wear collection is quite impressive. How many people do you know who own both a tutu and sequined harem pants?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OMG, we JUST had a Lord of the Rings marathon for my birthday!
We finished a LOTR marathon for a pub quiz a few months ago. Ended up in second (I mixed up how many kills gimli got in the battle of the hornburg vs. battle of helms deep). I've been waiting for that pub to do a new quiz for the hobbit trilogy to have a reason to marathon it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We finished a LOTR marathon for a pub quiz a few months ago. Ended up in second (I mixed up how many kills gimli got in the battle of the hornburg vs. battle of helms deep). I've been waiting for that pub to do a new quiz for the hobbit trilogy to have a reason to marathon it.
We need to get the rest of the Hobbit movies so we could do that marathon too.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
What's the problem? Is the slot just worn out and you can't get the lade of then screwdriver to grip? Is so, try a file. Clean up and deepen the slot.
Yeah pretty much, thing is it's drilled into the window far enough, there's an exposed length of screw that I may be able to cut through (if it's that old hopefully should be able to haha). But I'll try the screw head first, see if I can deepen it somehow...
0fdee07a61f394be3877843273fdf670.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much, thing is it's drilled into the window far enough, there's an exposed length of screw that I may be able to cut through (if it's that old hopefully should be able to haha). But I'll try the screw head first, see if I can deepen it somehow...
I was imagining a rusted-out screw. A screw extractor bit should be able to grab that.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Simon, do you know what an impact driver is? They are cheap and are very good at getting damaged screws/bolts to start coming out. This is a picture of one I found on Amazon. About $15 I believe.
81ETwFtvgpL._AC_SX679_.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not true! I totally bought myself earrings... several times even! And I have 6 whole hip scarves for belly dancing. And my fitness wear collection is quite impressive. How many people do you know who own both a tutu and sequined harem pants?
most people I know have yet to take their yoga pants to the ashram...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here reading posts when I sense something behind me out in the yard. I look and there's a young woman, maybe mid twenties, walking over to one of the tangerine trees. She starts picking them.

I walk out and ask her "Are you out of your mind?" She asks "why?"

I reply, "You walk into somebody's yard in Hawaii and steal food you're likely to get shot. And you're lucky my wife isn't home or you would get far worse than that - now GIT!

She gitted.

Some people are just nuts.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here reading posts when I sense something behind me out in the yard. I look and there's a young woman, maybe mid twenties, walking over to one of the tangerine trees. She starts picking them.

I reply, "You walk into somebody's yard in Hawaii and steal food you're likely to get shot. And you're lucky my wife isn't home or you would get far worse than that - now GIT!

She gitted.

Too bad there isn't a shocked reaction. Who goes and just starts picking tangerines from someones property??

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

She gitted.

WTH?! Isn't that... like... I don't know... THEFT?

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Simon, do you know what an impact driver is? They are cheap and are very good at getting damaged screws/bolts to start coming out. This is a picture of one I found on Amazon. About $15 I believe.
81ETwFtvgpL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Yeah if I can't get it out that may be the way to go.. cheers!

AAAAA NOOOOOOO!!!!
an impact driver is for auto and industrial use not for home use or used on wood. the impact will break the entire window apart not to mention the glass. they make easy out bits for your common battery op drill/ driver. one side will drill a pilot and the other is left hand thread to grab the screw.
4pcs-Carpenters-Screw-Extractor-Drill-Bits-Guide-Set-Broken-Damaged-Bolt-Remover-Easy-Out-Double-Side.jpg

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have used an impact driver on screws in wood like the one in you picture. You just have to be delicate with it. It looks like you still have an ok head to work with.
You are correct that they are most often used with hard screws and bolts.
The ease out would be my last choice because they will destroy the screw head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions