Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go buy a hacksaw. They're damnably useful, and not expensive. I have one with a handle that lets the blade protrude, and keep it in my project tool bag.

Ohhhhh actually I've got one laying out in the backyard that's not even ours..... I'm on it! Tomorrow that is! Thanks for the 'sharp tip'!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
he's on the way to the hardware store?
Not quite. @gpseymour 's dad lives in Wyoming. But when he came and stayed with us, he'd spent half his time here at the hardware store getting JUST THE RIGHT TOOL for THAT ONE THING. So, it seems like the amount of tools at our house like doubled in that time.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not quite. @gpseymour 's dad lives in Wyoming. But when he came and stayed with us, he'd spent half his time here at the hardware store getting JUST THE RIGHT TOOL for THAT ONE THING. So, it seems like the amount of tools at our house like doubled in that time.
Is he single?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somehow, it feels like there should be a story behind that...
Haha I wish there was, involving a magical ring, a journey, beards...

Nah I think my partner's dad left it here when we did a big cleanup of the backyard [emoji14]

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh yes, that is certainly a guy thing. Akin the 50 pairs of shoes in my wife's closet. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha I wish there was, involving a magical ring, a journey, beards...

Nah I think my partner's dad left it here when we did a big cleanup of the backyard [emoji14]
Well, do me a favor, and name it Burwale. (That's an "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" reference)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, that is certainly a guy thing. Akin the 50 pairs of shoes in my wife's closet. :)
The Hobbit doesn't have 50 pairs of shoes. Or 50 of anything. If she gets new things like purses, it's because I trick her into showing me which one she likes and then buy it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah fun!

Any tips on getting out a really old screw that's screwed our window shut? I'd knife hand strike it but the gap isn't big enough!

May have to somehow saw through the exposed to length of it..

What's the problem? Is the slot just worn out and you can't get the lade of then screwdriver to grip? Is so, try a file. Clean up and deepen the slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions