Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It did. But my immune system is messed up (thank you, Chernobyl!), so I have an exaggerated reaction to even minor things like dental work.
I'm pretty sure that's human nature. Nobody likes going to the dentist!
-zEfG2-Y61JqFtyw_h6OkChlCrY=.gif

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's human nature. Nobody likes going to the dentist!
-zEfG2-Y61JqFtyw_h6OkChlCrY=.gif
You know... actually... I don't mind it. I have an amazing dentist and an amazing tech. After surviving Soviet dentistry, it's almost like going to a spa. They take really good care of me and we've made huge strides in four years - especially since they had to deal with dental damage caused by things like scurvy. Yes, we still had scurvy in Ukraine when I w as growing up.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Agreed sacrilege is bad...therefore stop mentioning bacon...it is most certainly sacrilege as well as an abomination

Now you have me yearning for a sacrilege, lettuce and tomato sandwich.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Its all good...just as long as, after it is made, you refer to it ONLY as the "abomination" :D

It shall be put on the menu with an old Latin flare and be called "The Abominari".
It will come with a pickle, fries or mac salad.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well. its Saturday and I have noting to do, Mrs Xue is in China, and a thunderstorm is on the way...so I best get off my lazy backside, do my knee exercises and then go workout and do taijiquan

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It shall be put on the menu with an old Latin flare and be called "The Abominari".
It will come with a pickle, fries or mac salad.
I am rather partial to some abomination sprinkled over a baked potato along with sour cream and fresh chives.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well. its Saturday and I have noting to do, Mrs Xue is in China, and a thunderstorm is on the way...so I best get off my lazy backside, do my knee exercises and then go workout and do taijiquan
Come over - we'll give you something to do. We always have something to do. Just ask @gpseymour .

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
On the worship team on keys again at church this morning... wowza was so beautiful... Still get fairly nervous on the morning but am definitely so much more calm than I was in the past!

We did this song which I was super excited anout, very very close to my heart this one...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
On the worship team on keys again at church this morning... wowza was so beautiful... Still get fairly nervous on the morning but am definitely so much more calm than I was in the past!

We did this song which I was super excited anout, very very close to my heart this one...

Nice. I always find it interesting what sort of music speaks to people. I always have a personal anthem (which has been known to change over time - which I think should happen, because I've changed as a person), as well as a bunch of songs that speak to my personality.

At the moment, I am having a huge love affair with the movie "The greatest showman", so, not surprisingly, my personal anthem at the moment is from that movie - "This is me". I also love "The other side" and "Never enough". I am also very into Imagine Dragons right now ("Thunder", "Believer"). And, of course, there are always a couple of songs that speak to the naughtier side of my personality, like Elton John's "Original Sin" and "Buttons" by Pussycat Dolls. :)

And, since I am and have always been a huge dance lover, I have a separate playlist for belly dancing and another one for Zumba. Between them, they include Yngwie Malmsteen's "Crying", a ton of stuff from E. S. Posthumus, Sia, Katy Perry, and a few other things.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

That is fantastic Simon. Beautiful song.
I am very sad to report that our Pastor passed away from a heart attack early Wednesday morning. The funeral was today. He lived in the adjoining county and was very involved in local politics. I have never seen so many people at a funeral in my life. He is an incredible man who will be deeply missed.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice. I always find it interesting what sort of music speaks to people. I always have a personal anthem (which has been known to change over time - which I think should happen, because I've changed as a person), as well as a bunch of songs that speak to my personality.

At the moment, I am having a huge love affair with the movie "The greatest showman", so, not surprisingly, my personal anthem at the moment is from that movie - "This is me". I also love "The other side" and "Never enough". I am also very into Imagine Dragons right now ("Thunder", "Believer"). And, of course, there are always a couple of songs that speak to the naughtier side of my personality, like Elton John's "Original Sin" and "Buttons" by Pussycat Dolls. :)

And, since I am and have always been a huge dance lover, I have a separate playlist for belly dancing and another one for Zumba. Between them, they include Yngwie Malmsteen's "Crying", a ton of stuff from E. S. Posthumus, Sia, Katy Perry, and a few other things.
Ah nice! Yep I've definitely found that whatever song I'm obsessed with at the moment has some significance or another.

And true with the playlists for different activities/moods hehe!

Loved Sia's album "We Are Born" :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am very sad to report that our Pastor passed away from a heart attack early Wednesday morning. The funeral was today. He lived in the adjoining county and was very involved in local politics. I have never seen so many people at a funeral in my life. He is an incredible man who will be deeply missed.
I am so deeply sorry to hear that mate... thinking and praying for you guys, and I'm sure your community will support and love each other through this. Hope you're okay

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

My condolences

Status
Not open for further replies.