Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Detective work can wear on you....alot of pressure.

You dont get that rapist or murder or armed robber ASAP someone else is getting hurt.

But Narcotics is more like hunting...you miss the dealer today...just be patient...and you will get him tomorrow or the next. That is my theory on why you dont have the same burnout as other L.E. fields.
I am always amazed at how many local people he (and other officers)pop selling dope. Jimmy has a personality and body type that is not easily forgotten. Dopers can be pretty stupid.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back in my State Security days I was out doing parking enforcement in our lot when a man, not a state employee, and not handicapped, comes tooling into the lot, right in front of me, the guy in the uniform with a badge, and parks in a handicapped spot. I stopped him as he got out of the car and asked him if he worked here and where was his handicapped tag. His response was "I'm a taxpayer, so I can park in any state lot I want." I said I'm a tax payer too and I can't park here. He proceeded to argue with me to which I responded "You do realize mentally handicapped does not count, don't you?" He go more aggressive in his instance that a tax payer can park here if he wants and there is nothing I could do about it. I then said, "You're right, there is nothing I can do about it. But the tow truck I'm going to call can. and then you can figure out what impound lot it is in." He let lose an expletives or two, got in his car, and drove out of my lot.

I expected to get in trouble for the mentally handicapped statement, but I never heard anything.
Well done getting rid of that jerk!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to work in a building in Boston that housed several consulates from various countries as well as some upper crust rich law firms who rented whole floors. Beside our building was a semi-circular drive used only for picking up and dropping off people, there was no parking allowed, which was well posted.

If you parked there you would get a warning slip on your wind shield as a courtesy to remind you there was no parking. A rookie hot shot young lawyer, new to the one of the firms, liked to park his BMW there and leave it. When he would come out he would read the note on his wind shield, promptly crumple it up and toss it on the lawn. The next step was to get a warning attached to your vehicle stating your next offense would get you towed. The driveway, by the way, is covered with multiple security cameras, we all saw the footage.

So the young hot shot gets the new red tag, reads it, spits on it, and tosses it on the grass. My Captain did not find this amusing. I asked him what he was going to do. He said, "I'm going to be very nice about it." Later that day he showed me our charter, which clearly stated that any vehicle needing to be towed may be towed to any facility that our organization uses. This is nation wide.

So me captain, God bless his soul, had the young man's shiny new Beemer towed from Boston to a lot in Virginia that we use down there, and stuck the whipper snapper with the bill. (I don't know what a six hundred mile tow must cost, but it can't be cheap)

When the guy found out he went screaming to his bosses, who happened to love us because we protect them....who immediately told Mr Hot Shot to fly to Virginia, pay the cost, get his car, drive back and then go apologize profusely to us. They also told him be thankful they didn't tow you to Los Angeles because they knew that was coming next. That's what my Captain meant about being nice.

Good times.
OMG I love this! I love stories when jerks get some instant Karma!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I used to work in a building in Boston that housed several consulates from various countries as well as some upper crust rich law firms who rented whole floors. Beside our building was a semi-circular drive used only for picking up and dropping off people, there was no parking allowed, which was well posted.

If you parked there you would get a warning slip on your wind shield as a courtesy to remind you there was no parking. A rookie hot shot young lawyer, new to the one of the firms, liked to park his BMW there and leave it. When he would come out he would read the note on his wind shield, promptly crumple it up and toss it on the lawn. The next step was to get a warning attached to your vehicle stating your next offense would get you towed. The driveway, by the way, is covered with multiple security cameras, we all saw the footage.

So the young hot shot gets the new red tag, reads it, spits on it, and tosses it on the grass. My Captain did not find this amusing. I asked him what he was going to do. He said, "I'm going to be very nice about it." Later that day he showed me our charter, which clearly stated that any vehicle needing to be towed may be towed to any facility that our organization uses. This is nation wide.

So me captain, God bless his soul, had the young man's shiny new Beemer towed from Boston to a lot in Virginia that we use down there, and stuck the whipper snapper with the bill. (I don't know what a six hundred mile tow must cost, but it can't be cheap)

When the guy found out he went screaming to his bosses, who happened to love us because we protect them....who immediately told Mr Hot Shot to fly to Virginia, pay the cost, get his car, drive back and then go apologize profusely to us. They also told him be thankful they didn't tow you to Los Angeles because they knew that was coming next. That's what my Captain meant about being nice.

Good times.

Bleeping awesome!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quick read, exceptional story.

Stay in the Game
.. thanks so much for sharing that Buka, brought many tears up. Have had a really, really difficult day emotionally today, so that was really nice to read. And also can relate to alot of the boy's struggles, having alot of similar stuff when I was a teen/young adult. How heartwarming, and encouraging that even when there seems like nothing will work, love will heal and do wonders.

Gonna try some light movement/karate stuff now, been sick/nauseous and in pain consistently for many weeks now, feel like I really need to try and move.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
due to the knee surgery I cannot do any of the yard work I normally do. Mrs Xue is doing some of it.....but now, she wants to clear cut our property because the trees are messy.......we're not cutting anything by the way.....I can hardly wait for the weekend...she has decided that she will get on the tractor and mow the lawn....that she thinks only takes 15 minutes to mow.....it takes a 1.5 hours if the grass is short...up to 3 or 4 if it is as high as it is now....so after I show her how to run the tractor.......

I'm calling folks today to see if someone can mow my lawn for a couple weeks.......

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
due to the knee surgery I cannot do any of the yard work I normally do. Mrs Xue is doing some of it.....but now, she wants to clear cut our property because the trees are messy.......we're not cutting anything by the way.....I can hardly wait for the weekend...she has decided that she will get on the tractor and mow the lawn....that she thinks only takes 15 minutes to mow.....it takes a 1.5 hours if the grass is short...up to 3 or 4 if it is as high as it is now....so after I show her how to run the tractor.......

I'm calling folks today to see if someone can mow my lawn for a couple weeks.......
well, you are on the DL, she can't hurt you....
Show the youngest how to run the mower!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am going crazy here.... I want to do taijiquan...I want to do push hands....I want to go for a freaking walk..... I can't do any of it.....
hmmm....thought I'd feel better if I typed that out and put it out there...... I don't....still going crazy

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am going crazy here.... I want to do taijiquan...I want to do push hands....I want to go for a freaking walk..... I can't do any of it.....
hmmm....thought I'd feel better if I typed that out and put it out there...... I don't....still going crazy
That was @gpseymour like 12 hours after his knee surgery. Hang in there.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The ankle is slowly returning to normal - probably just some mild inflammation and tendonitis. Still not feeling brave enough to put anything high-impact on it, but should be ok for belly dancing and Barre at the end of the week.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seriously @Buka - @gpseymour is a weeper. You need to give warning and yeah - send the Kleenex. Great story - I am sharing on my FB page and group.

I'm passionate as well. I think it's why all of us here love martial Arts as much as we do. That and the fact we're probably crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions