Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenacious_Red

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's Monday.....yesterday 12 inches of snow....today it is currently 20 degrees and that is the high....it is going to start its way down to -4...... yep...typical winter here so far

Not envious of you at all. I once lived on an icy tundra for six months that was -25 average and -50 hit once every two weeks. Never do I ever complain about, "cold" now.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got three calls this fall from some LEO org or another to donate money....too bad they are on my S*** list since one time they called back to complain I had not mailed the check yet...I tore them a new one (against my nature) and since then I am busy when they call....

On the other hand, I got a nephew who's a copper...I could put the money I could have given to the beggars in an envelope...Here, Kiddo, put that toward some Copper stuff, like a new vest, so you get to come home safe or ammo for the range....

I just hate December...I need to start saving earlier next year, the drain is substantial!

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got three calls this fall from some LEO org or another to donate money....too bad they are on my S*** list since one time they called back to complain I had not mailed the check yet...I tore them a new one (against my nature) and since then I am busy when they call....

On the other hand, I got a nephew who's a copper...I could put the money I could have given to the beggars in an envelope...Here, Kiddo, put that toward some Copper stuff, like a new vest, so you get to come home safe or ammo for the range....

I just hate December...I need to start saving earlier next year, the drain is substantial!

Mail em a check for One Dollar. Along the same lines as leaving a lousy tip to a rude waiter.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Time to pull on the mukluks, hop on the dog sled and go home

See ya later

2011SM150_bruce.jpg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is going to be a bad week... I have to leave my nice apartment and visit grandpa)(last time I visited he tried to get me to ride a horse... Those big ol scary looking animals running around kicking things and staring all the time with those big eyes) lucky this time I'm prepared I'm bringing my nunti bo ... That or tonfa those ducks geese or whatever there called won't be chasing me this time

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is going to be a bad week... I have to leave my nice apartment and visit grandpa)(last time I visited he tried to get me to ride a horse... Those big ol scary looking animals running around kicking things and staring all the time with those big eyes) lucky this time I'm prepared I'm bringing my nunti bo ... That or tonfa those ducks geese or whatever there called won't be chasing me this time

Donald, Don't hate the horse. They are great animals. When you learn how to handle a horse they become your good friend. They depend on the rider knowing how to take command. Take a few lessons and I guarantee you will be hooked.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not envious of you at all. I once lived on an icy tundra for six months that was -25 average and -50 hit once every two weeks. Never do I ever complain about, "cold" now.

We get a week or so, in a normal winter, around February that stays below zero and -20 is not uncommon....welcome to the Adirondacks

I use to work on a tree farm in Pennsylvania and one winter I went up there to dig out the cabin and check the property and I can remember being on the side of the mountain, on snow shoes, looking down at the cabin and thinking...I am the only living thing dumb enough to be outside...it was -20 without the wind-chill and it was damn windy that day...sadly that was not the first time I had that thought in the winter :D

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't mind congratulating somebody for earning a performance award at work; but when they announce that they SO deserve it, it makes me wonder about their lack of humility...if it wasn't deserving, it wouldn't have been awarded which - to me - makes the announcement unnecessary...

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't mind congratulating somebody for earning a performance award at work; but when they announce that they SO deserve it, it makes me wonder about their lack of humility...if it wasn't deserving, it wouldn't have been awarded which - to me - makes the announcement unnecessary...

There is nothing wrong with people being proud of their acomplishments. Share in their joy, don't be jealous. Maybe this is the first time in their life that they have been acknowedged for something. Put yourself in their shoes.

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This week is annoying me, cold is rapidly getting worse, even my face is swollen and sore, but now only 2.5 days left at work until I break for christmas. Roll on Friday. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This week is annoying me, cold is rapidly getting worse, even my face is swollen and sore, but now only 2.5 days left at work until I break for christmas. Roll on Friday. :)

Get ye to a doctor, mate.
Swollen, sore faces are not a common cold!

Hope you get to feeling better - and NOT sick over Christmas. I did that a couple years ago, so not fun!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to top 70F here. In Colorado. In mid-December. Sue still thinks anything less than 90 is sweater weather.

What's your weather going to be like in mid-February? I only ask, because as of Feb 11, we'll be on Cozumel, where it'll be in the mid-80s...

Not that I'm rubbing it in or anything, but that's 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes and 8 seconds from... NOW.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Donald, Don't hate the horse. They are great animals. When you learn how to handle a horse they become your good friend. They depend on the rider knowing how to take command. Take a few lessons and I guarantee you will be hooked.

Maybe... Either way I'm at grandpas till Monday visiting maybe helping cutting down cedar trees or mesquite trees. Maybe fix the docks out by the tank area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions