Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
about 7 pages (xing yi quan (hsing yi ch'uan) mostly form names
2 pages of xuan yuan gong (looks like more form names and their translations
4 pages from a karate illustrated and the title ching yi kung fu "the best of many styles"
and finally about 8 pages of (gung fu)CYKFA blackbelt forms and some terminology as well

to me it seems mostly random and but then again I just got finished doing 2 hours of math (probably not the best time to try study) especially since I really don't like math...

Are these weapons forms or empty hand forms or both?
And what is CYKFA?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Weather people predicted 6 to 12 inches of snow today and....we got nothin'.... it has been rather fun watching them squirm on TV this morning.... right down to the guy on the street saying the plows are out in force....I saw no plows... and trying to convince us that the slush on the roads could turn deadly at any moment...... of course the anchor person didn't help by literally saying.... that looks more like slush on the roads than ice and snow :D And another station reverting to uncomfortable giggling wile saying...."well we did lucked out and didn't get hit"

3 (silly) school districts cancelled school and countless other businesses changed their plans...heck my oldest school cancelled but my youngest went today and she is not happy about that...yup...in my area...they done did mess up

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain, Xue Sheng... It's only 52 here right now, and it's barely going to top 60.
I will probably have to wear pants today.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are these weapons forms or empty hand forms or both?
And what is CYKFA?
both, i dont know anything about CYKFA i dont even know what it stands for but i assume its an abriviation for a style. my guess i think it stands for Cheng Yi Kung Fu Assotiation (i dont know but now that i think of it it sounds like a reasonable guess)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
both, i dont know anything about CYKFA i dont even know what it stands for but i assume its an abriviation for a style. my guess i think it stands for Cheng Yi Kung Fu Assotiation (i dont know but now that i think of it it sounds like a reasonable guess)

Cheng Yi is the name of the school they teach Xingyiquan and Taijiquan it is not a style

If you are new to training xingyi you need to first train Wuji, Zhanzhuang and Santi Shi. As for the forms you need to look at, if you are new to xingyiquan are the 5 elements form (Wǔ Xíng)

They are taught separately at first; Piquan, Zuanquan, Bengquan, Paoquan, Hengquan. Each is its own form or drill. After that you get into 5 elements linking form. You can spend your entire life working on Wuxingquan (5 elements fist)

After that you get into the 10 or 12 animals (Animal Shapes [Shí'èr Xíng]) depending on style and lineage.
There is also Ba Zi Gong or 8 fighting combinations, but that also depends on lineage.

Beyond that are weapons and again depending on lineage there can be a few, or a lot of weapons

Last edited:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well I am happy for those that have the nice warm weather and those that missed the Storm.

No not really. You all can just well you know :mooning: :D

it's still snowing and the wind is creating drifts that I have to clean up once again.
On the good side of all of it most idiots obeyed the travel and parking ban. I will say it was a strange storm with snow fall in the state from 5 inches to 3 feet.:eek:
tomorrow I'll go out early and re clean the sidewalk and then sit back and pat myself on the back for doing such a great job today :smuggrin:

edit getting anger issues out I did 4 plus hours of shoveling today and that was the first time out I've been out twice after that and will need to go out and clean up drifts in the morning.why oh why did I leave s. cal

Last edited:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm happy for everyone who did not get hit by the big storm and sad for everyone who did. What I am really happy about is that I am far away with no snow on the forecast! ;)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's been pretty mild around here lately, but my peeps on the East coast, at least in the Boston area, got hammered pretty good. Stay safe out there.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They messed up the forecast here and we only got about 6 inches, but I have a lot of friends in Massachusetts, west of Worcester and they all got over 2 feet as of yesterday, not sure what the final totals were.

Anyone heard from Carol, she is in NH and they got hammered as well.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We have more snow coming tomorrow but only 3 to 6 inches and more on Sunday is possible but even with those I doubt we will get the snow fall amounts here in the foothills of the Adirondacks that they got in Easter Mass. Heck, so far for here as far as snow goes, this is a mild winter. As for temps it has been pretty normal with wind-chill today is below zero and tonight that will be the temp without wind-chill....see what you're missing living in Vegas and not being in Michigan :D

I was talking to another person today who spent a lot of time in New England and we were discussing the storm and how there seems to be a complete lack of News from New Hampshire and Maine.... but then we both agree for those states, this is a typical storm so it is likely business as usual there :D

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
nothing ruins your Friday worse than realizing its actually Wednesday... but on the bright side karate class today :D and i hope we practice kotekitae(arm and leg conditioning) and some time near soon im going to test for brown belt :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busy day today. Put in a new garage door opener. Picked up some exhaust parts for the Corvette (installing tomorrow...), bought my son a gun and started packing SCUBA gear for Cozumel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions