Status
Not open for further replies.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never tried sea cave diving I would think it could be intimidating the first time. I wonder if it is the same feeling a person gets spelunking the first time. You know wonder, awe and what the heck am I doing here.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never tried sea cave diving I would think it could be intimidating the first time. I wonder if it is the same feeling a person gets spelunking the first time. You know wonder, awe and what the heck am I doing here.

It's not for everybody, and it requires specific training. In part because while recreational diving is awesome and everybody should try it at least once, there is no such thing as recreational cave diving. Every cave dive is a technical dive.
One truism is "There are no accidents in cave diving. Only fatalities."

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
went over xingyiquan terminology list and use printer about couple pages talking about some of the forms
some said xingyi others said chengyi.... i got confused and printed all of the pages just incase...
and i finished my math homework today!! and sociology (sociology... confusing but not hard as math... not by a longshot...)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
went over xingyiquan terminology list and use printer about couple pages talking about some of the forms
some said xingyi others said chengyi.... i got confused and printed all of the pages just incase...
and i finished my math homework today!! and sociology (sociology... confusing but not hard as math... not by a longshot...)

It's Xingyiquan in pinyin or Hsing I Ch'üan in Wade Giles, I have no idea what Chengyi is other than a Chinese Philosopher who died in 1107

What terminology do you have?

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
my Instructor gave me permission to do 2 upcoming tournaments and
I said I was going to ask about a third, but it was scheduled on the same
day as our next testing in February and I mentioned I'd rather help out
with that..my Instructor said 'I'd rather you help out too - when you say
you're going to be there - you're there..' :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh man....broke down and took one of the good pain killers....laid down 'just a little' until it kicked in....4 hours later I finally rolled out of bed. not because I was fully awake....there is a reason I don't take the strong stuff - at least not in the morning! :meh:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Time for bed.

But after an awesome concert (Black Jacket Symphony, for those of us too young to have seen Led Zeppelin or the Beatles live in concert), I am still a little wired.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wear your seatbelts. Don't drink and drive.

Don't make us explain to your family why you're dead, people...

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wear your seatbelts. Don't drink and drive.

Don't make us explain to your family why you're dead, people...

..this post makes me think you had a rough one Sir..

I do agree with your post though - especially after getting hit in '91 by a drunk driver
who was so drunk, she "didn't realize she hit anything"

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's Xingyiquan in pinyin or Hsing I Ch'üan in Wade Giles, I have no idea what Chengyi is other than a Chinese Philosopher who died in 1107

What terminology do you have?
about 7 pages (xing yi quan (hsing yi ch'uan) mostly form names
2 pages of xuan yuan gong (looks like more form names and their translations
4 pages from a karate illustrated and the title ching yi kung fu "the best of many styles"
and finally about 8 pages of (gung fu)CYKFA blackbelt forms and some terminology as well

to me it seems mostly random and but then again I just got finished doing 2 hours of math (probably not the best time to try study) especially since I really don't like math...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions