Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The reality of sharks has no connection with Xues phobia...

So...as you were swimming off the beach as a hammerhead came barreling in you would sit there in the water and call it over to pet it, is that it :uhyeah:

The reality of sharks is they have big sharp pointy teeth who are only slightly less dangerous than caerbannog.... nuff said

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
tonight i had really good practise :)

went through all my drills and a few more that i was experimenting with when i saw scotty yesterday :)

for example :- left jab, right cross, step forward, roundhouse left knee, straight right :) sounds a bit nuts but actually if you walk through it before stepping it up a gear it makes sense cos the left followed by the right keeps the opponents hands up the step is to the outside of their left shoulder allowing your left knee to go straight into their abs :) and cos you're outside their left shoulder your straight right is actually landing on their temple region :)

sweeeeeeet :)

took my doggy for his swim even though it was raining pretty hard didn't put him off though and i had to drag him away in the end cos i was getting soaked :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
So it appears I am not the only one that is not interested in swimming with sharks

Hammerhead Shark Spooks Swimmers at Florida Beach - ABC News

Maybe it was just curious :) it could attack if it wanted to but some of the people here say there are not very aggressive.

i think it would be cool to swim with a shark only if it cannot will not attack :D that or a dolphin

In my opinion i think horses are more dangerous they run around and when I'm at the instructors place you can hear them stomping really loud running (it makes me nervous) or when they make that weird noise with their nose...

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Went to the store, got a fresh loaf of pesto bread, bacon, and some ham... I can't wait for tomorrow cause I'm going to make some really good deli sandwich :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
was talking to scotty about the prices of the other gyms in warrington and he said that warrington kickboxing is just a money making machine...........another McGym.............

he also said that neil and mark that run the gym aren't actually qualified to teach muay thai / K1 kickboxing in his book cos they've NEVER EVER been in a ring or a cage unlike me and scotty or dave jackson and budgie at cheshire martial arts. he also said that the ranks that they've given themselves are ridiculous in the grand scheme of things.

i've also been asked to help scotty out now and again cos his classes are getting more and more people attending regularly --- he's gunna be a very busy boy :) having to keep me cage fighting fit as well as all these other "wannabee's" --- definitely think that some of them have been watching too many movies ;)

todays walk was really good -- i even remembered to take my juice and creatines before and after it too :) am stoked but my doggy's had enough of it all LoL :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
was talking to scotty about the prices of the other gyms in warrington and he said that warrington kickboxing is just a money making machine...........another McGym.............

he also said that neil and mark that run the gym aren't actually qualified to teach muay thai / K1 kickboxing in his book cos they've NEVER EVER been in a ring or a cage unlike me and scotty or dave jackson and budgie at cheshire martial arts. he also said that the ranks that they've given themselves are ridiculous in the grand scheme of things.

Sadly this is not knew or uncommon in all styles of MA, first time I ran into this was about 1974 with an aikido school. But I give the "Master" some credit, back then that type of thing could get you a beating.... and he was way to close to Kanai Sensei to be playing this game... never did find out what happened, if anything, there

i've also been asked to help scotty out now and again cos his classes are getting more and more people attending regularly --- he's gunna be a very busy boy :) having to keep me cage fighting fit as well as all these other "wannabee's" --- definitely think that some of them have been watching too many movies ;)

That's awesome. And I have run into more than a few people over the years that I would say "have been watching too many movies ;)"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
dumped a bunch a few month back, I still have to much.....

Well, I took advantage of the 'tax holiday' before back to school, bough a ton of stationary stuff. Too bad, the kid won't know for another 2 weeks what he will need....so I kind of grabbed blindly....

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sadly this is not knew or uncommon in all styles of MA, first time I ran into this was about 1974 with an aikido school. But I give the "Master" some credit, back then that type of thing could get you a beating.... and he was way to close to Kanai Sensei to be playing this game... never did find out what happened, if anything, there

That's awesome. And I have run into more than a few people over the years that I would say "have been watching too many movies ;)"

it's a good job am sponsored by rdx or the protetive kit would cost me a fortune ;) also it'll be differerent for me too cos i'll get to feel what it's like to be attacked with only padding for defence ;) --- and i can't fight back either - damn :(

the thing with the decent gyms round here is that they don't charge annual fees they just charge per session -- scotty charges £15 an hour but he has to pay the gym for the use of some of their gym equipment --- cheshire martial arts is anything between £5 and £10 an hour but they have up to 30 people turning up for some of their sessions plus their overheads are higher than scott's.

warrington kickboxing - £100 joining fee then it's £14 per hour on top of that --- soooo not right. also warrington kickboxing make you wear their uniform whereas the others don't you just turn up and train. warrington kickboxing also issue a license to practice muay thai --- anyone with any knowledge will tell you that you don't need a license or a permit to practice or compete in muay thai or boxing for that matter --- so it's just another rip off.

warrington kickboxing also get their kit from a wholesaler so quality is not guaranteed and from what i saw i'd have been better off just using handwraps - the gloves (?) were shocking and actually caused more pain than they should've. thank the lord that neither scotty or cma have these type of rules :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
todays walk was really good :)

the sun stayed out and me and my doggy did 18miles of uphill and down dale :)

been a while since we did any of that sort of stuff but i gotta build my doggy back up cos he got attacked just over a week ago and he's still not 100% yet :(

also i remembered to take my shakes and creatines :)

very good day :) am seeing satan in the morning for more physio (my insurers must be claiming some serious cash for them to be carrying all this on this long LoL :)) and then am seeing scotty tomorrow afternoon for more fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions