Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our club is going to smash out a 30k bushwalk this Sunday.

So that will be fun.
That sounds fun. Except for the spiders you guys have out there. I'll die all manly-like from a snake bite, but get a mid-sized spider anywhere near me and I'll just squeal and run. Spiders are the real reason I need guns.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
worked with a woman who did her PhD in Australia and I was telling her I was not a big fan of Australia because virtually everything there wants to kill you..England did not make it a penal colony because it was a great vacation spot......AND they have GIGANTIC spiders....she agreed...and then told me it was the smaller (but still bigger than anything here) brown spider you really had to worry about.....she also told me about a brush fire that made her choose between burning to death or jumping in the water (where a river meant the sea) and worry about sharks.... and of course there was the bat guano story.....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That sounds fun. Except for the spiders you guys have out there. I'll die all manly-like from a snake bite, but get a mid-sized spider anywhere near me and I'll just squeal and run. Spiders are the real reason I need guns.
No... you don't need guns. You have a wife, who picks up spiders with her bare hands and thinks tarantulas are adorable and snugly. All you need to do is send me ahead of you to gently remove the spiders out of your way.

Of course... your wife is also a hobbit, so that leaves the issue of spider webs hanging across the path at normal human height. Because, as far as I'm concerned, those don't exist.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The GALL! Did you crush your enemies? See them fleeing before you? And hear the lamentation of their women?

a8fd922e-643a-4c7b-9aa3-50a394b68b1a.JPG

and people think Qi energy balls are fake

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I did a practice 16k walk last Sunday and dodged 4 snakes.

Some were poisonous. Red belly/yellow belly black snakes. But they also all ran away.

The big tarantulas run off as well.

So I am mostly OK with it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
worked with a woman who did her PhD in Australia and I was telling her I was not a big fan of Australia because virtually everything there wants to kill you..England did not make it a penal colony because it was a great vacation spot......AND they have GIGANTIC spiders....she agreed...and then told me it was the smaller (but still bigger than anything here) brown spider you really had to worry about.....she also told me about a brush fire that made her choose between burning to death or jumping in the water (where a river meant the sea) and worry about sharks.... and of course there was the bat guano story.....
Bat guano is slippery. Very. Spent some time slipping around on it in a cave in Alabama many years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions