Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Drowsy again, and I have to work both jobs...AND write up some emails tonight to both my lawyer and my youngest son's law guardian!

Well, fortunately those emails can be more or less the same thing. At least I have THAT much going for me.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But at least it does.

I need to break away from Fiverr and set up my OWN website with my OWN freelance rates. Do some advertising. Draw in people who will pay what I ask without much in the way of questioning or haggling. A little bit is okay...but when you are trying to tell me to reduce my rate by 25% or more...no.
Have you ever looked at Upwork? They aren't as bargain-basement as Fiverr, so you might find a better fit.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have you ever looked at Upwork? They aren't as bargain-basement as Fiverr, so you might find a better fit.

I have, and the people who contact me are not much better. LOL

However, I have definitely had better luck on there.

I should give it another shot when I get home tonight.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I might run down to Au Bon Pain because I am getting ridiculously sleepy. It isn't the coffee...it is the walk and stimulation of circulation that brings me back around. On second thought, maybe I will do the walk without the money spending.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me!?...never....... but I must say...it is mighty tasty :D
What I'm feeling toward you right now reminds me of a story. I was at lunch with a friend of mine, who had come down for a business meeting. His wife was about 8 months pregnant, and at home 2 1/2 hours away. We went to dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants (great fish tacos). Chris texted her a picture of his dinner. Her reply was simple: "Words cannot express how much I hate you right now."

What she said.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might run down to Au Bon Pain because I am getting ridiculously sleepy. It isn't the coffee...it is the walk and stimulation of circulation that brings me back around. On second thought, maybe I will do the walk without the money spending.
I walked all the way to the kitchen. There was coffee left, so I heated it up. There was also a rogue box of Captain Crunch (a rarity at our house) that needed to be dealt with.

I'm awake now, and will crash by dinnertime.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I walked all the way to the kitchen. There was coffee left, so I heated it up. There was also a rogue box of Captain Crunch (a rarity at our house) that needed to be dealt with.

I'm awake now, and will crash by dinnertime.

I need to sustain my energy longer. Like I said above, I need to write emails to a lawyer and law guardian. Definitely want to be coherent for that.

Also, I need to be awake and alert because I think situations are arising where I may need to use my Wing Chun skills for the first time in a real knock down, drag out fight. I have had to use them before, but they were in brief little incidents where I showed that I had some skill, and people stopped themselves from taking it to the level of full fight. This time, I don't think I will be fortunate enough to do that.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to sustain my energy longer. Like I said above, I need to write emails to a lawyer and law guardian. Definitely want to be coherent for that.

Also, I need to be awake and alert because I think situations are arising where I may need to use my Wing Chun skills for the first time in a real knock down, drag out fight. I have had to use them before, but they were in brief little incidents where I showed that I had some skill, and people stopped themselves from taking it to the level of full fight. This time, I don't think I will be fortunate enough to do that.
Sounds serious, Steve. Take care.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds serious, Steve. Take care.

It most definitely is, and I will take care as best I can.

I am indeed in a tough spot, but I am following the course of action that I think is right. The thing is, we live in the real world, not a movie. In the real world, the bad guys can win. All I can do is try my best, and hopefully the Force will align with me for a victory.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What I'm feeling toward you right now reminds me of a story. I was at lunch with a friend of mine, who had come down for a business meeting. His wife was about 8 months pregnant, and at home 2 1/2 hours away. We went to dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants (great fish tacos). Chris texted her a picture of his dinner. Her reply was simple: "Words cannot express how much I hate you right now."

What she said.

Well if it is any consolation.... the coffee is gone and I'm out of Chocolate :D

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
People are still commenting on my nonsensical "not sure what happened in this conversation" thread. LOL I don't read it anymore, but I do notice the new names keep popping up.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are still commenting on my nonsensical "not sure what happened in this conversation" thread. LOL I don't read it anymore, but I do notice the new names keep popping up.
Well... you posted a rant/vent with an implied pondering in the title -- then deleted what made the title meaningful. It's taken on a life of its own...

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting a little frustrated with some folks. Apparently, it's OK for the anti-Trump crowd to use violence against people they feel might be so-called Nazis or even who counter demonstrate against them. But it damn well wouldn't be OK for those same folks to stomp into their demonstration and hit the anti-Trumpers.

Not a fan of Trump. Not a fan of a lot of his actions that seem not to have been thought through. Was even less a fan of Clinton. Honestly, wasn't a fan of anyone running. But -- just because I disagree, that doesn't justify me initiating violence when the only provocation is words...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Considering the sheer volume of people who are demonstrating against trump right now for varying reasons, I think you're talking about an extreme minority. There are always opportunists who are looking for any excuse to misbehave,

That said, we haven't seen so many disparate groups all protesting at the same time since the sixties, I hope we don't see the violence of that era return, as well, but I wouldn't be surprised. Strong feelings all around.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Considering the sheer volume of people who are demonstrating against trump right now for varying reasons, I think you're talking about an extreme minority. There are always opportunists who are looking for any excuse to misbehave,

That said, we haven't seen so many disparate groups all protesting at the same time since the sixties, I hope we don't see the violence of that era return, as well, but I wouldn't be surprised. Strong feelings all around.
The problem I'm seeing isn't that people are protesting -- it's that they're apparently oblivious to the hypocrisy of rioting to shut down opinions they don't like while crying "Free Speech!"

But that's getting awful heavy for this thread... So...

POTATO!!

(That's what my son would say! Apparently potatos are awesome.)

or

or even...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions