RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Buka...
upload_2017-1-28_17-4-36.png

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
From what I've learned, the difference between espresso and coffee is pressure. That's the way I use the terms, at least.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
never did anything different.
They probably only got one kind of coffee, too....
Starbucks has a crap ton of different beans and roasts. I'm not a huge fan of their drip coffee, but I'm not a hater,either. Shoot, I remember when there were only three or four Starbucks in the world. We used to hit the one on the Ave (seattleites will know what that is.). of course, that was in like 1985.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Made paella for the first time. Turned out pretty good. Better on the grill, I guess. I don't know if it's an authentic recipe, but it was yummy.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made paella for the first time. Turned out pretty good. Better on the grill, I guess. I don't know if it's an authentic recipe, but it was yummy.
We had mozzarella crusted chicken, roasted potatoes and tomatoes. I love Hello Fresh.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starbucks has a crap ton of different beans and roasts. I'm not a huge fan of their drip coffee, but I'm not a hater,either. Shoot, I remember when there were only three or four Starbucks in the world. We used to hit the one on the Ave (seattleites will know what that is.). of course, that was in like 1985.
I'm certainly not a hater of Starbucks. I used to love their Cafe Breve when I could consume that many calories without concern. I do prefer Caribou Coffee.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There's a stereotype that folks in WA (especially Seattle) are very coffee-conscious. Is there truth in that?
yeah. I'd say its true. But not more than othwe big cities. I think we have a lot if great, smaller roasters in the area along with the big guys like Starbucks.

Some of my favorites are anywhere you can get cafe lladro, cafe vita and Monorial Espresso which I think get their beans from Mukilteo roasters.

There are plenty of people around who don't drink coffwe, though.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm usually on the roam at work. I get thirty orders of drinks at Starbucks weekly, easy, for folks who are at fixed positions. I don't even know what half of the drinks actually are, all kinds of cool Starbucks names.

One of the gals said the other day - "So if the aliens were to invade, and made all the coffee in the world disappear on a Monday morning..."

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah. I'd say its true. But not more than othwe big cities. I think we have a lot if great, smaller roasters in the area along with the big guys like Starbucks.

Some of my favorites are anywhere you can get cafe lladro, cafe vita and Monorial Espresso which I think get their beans from Mukilteo roasters.

There are plenty of people around who don't drink coffwe, though.
I think the difference is it's been going on longer in that area. There's a reason Starbucks was able to proliferate so quickly.

Sounds like you know your coffees. I'm only really acquainted with mine. Truth be told, I'm just using them.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm usually on the roam at work. I get thirty orders of drinks at Starbucks weekly, easy, for folks who are at fixed positions. I don't even know what half of the drinks actually are, all kinds of cool Starbucks names.

One of the gals said the other day - "So if the aliens were to invade, and made all the coffee in the world disappear on a Monday morning..."
Darn near every cop in the US -- and probably a few other countries -- would repel the invasion. Probably unarmed. They could do a lot before something would happen... but not mess with our coffee!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Judging from our house on days when we delay coffee, those aliens would be facing some seriously grouchy resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions