Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like a good porter. My favorite ever was from a brewery that has sadly closed. It was Bert Grant's Perfect Porter, out of Yakima Brewing Company. This was one of the very first craft brewery's in the country, and I think when Bert Grant passed away, the brewery just closed.

They were also on the bleeding edge of the IPA craze, and some give him credit for being the first to revive the style in the USA post prohibition. Washington State has always been a great place for hops, and I was very sad to see his brewery go under.
Our area has a really high density of breweries now. It's a great place to like beer. When I'm in a really beer-ish mood, I'll go someplace and have a "flight" or two (usually 4 small tasting glasses) so I can enjoy several different brews without someone having to carry me out.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Our area has a really high density of breweries now. It's a great place to like beer. When I'm in a really beer-ish mood, I'll go someplace and have a "flight" or two (usually 4 small tasting glasses) so I can enjoy several different brews without someone having to carry me out.
Tasting flights are great. I like those, too. And who can we thank for the beer renaissance? Jimmy Carter. LOL.

Well, really, him, his brother Billy, and the early pioneers like Bert Grant who took advantage of the loosening of the alcohol regulations that allowed them to begin brewing smaller amounts of beer for sale.

We're well into a similar thing with liquors... I'm enjoying the huge number of micro-distilleries around that are selling small-batch spirits. Yummy.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Love trying new craft beer.

We are stopping in Amarillo at the Big Texan Steak house and brewery in a couple weeks and I plan on trying a flight of their beer.

Really looking forward to it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Use to enjoy a good dark beer, but the last several years it I have 1 beer a year that is a lot. Many years ago a friend of mine got heavily into making craft beer. Not so good when he started, not to bad after he had been doing it for a while... however I have not seen him in years and I have no idea if he still makes beer.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
if team work wasn't a very narrow one way street....
One more day, then i'll be off for 6.....
Damn I need that vacation!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Here is what I can't figure out....
It is supposed to start snowing here at around 6:00am and it is not supposed to stop until around 10:00pm...but yet they keep saying we are only going to get 3 to 6 inches of snow.....oh...with 40 to 50 mph winds

So I guess all I can say is...

Snow, glorious snow, marvelous snow, fabulous snow, beautiful snow,
Magical snow,
Glorious snow!

Can hardly wait...happy happy joy joy...whatever

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what I can't figure out....
It is supposed to start snowing here at around 6:00am and it is not supposed to stop until around 10:00pm...but yet they keep saying we are only going to get 3 to 6 inches of snow.....oh...with 40 to 50 mph winds

So I guess all I can say is...

Snow, glorious snow, marvelous snow, fabulous snow, beautiful snow,
Magical snow,
Glorious snow!

Can hardly wait...happy happy joy joy...whatever

It's nice enough here that I got the Vette out of the garage for the first time in weeks.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tasting flights are great. I like those, too. And who can we thank for the beer renaissance? Jimmy Carter. LOL.

Well, really, him, his brother Billy, and the early pioneers like Bert Grant who took advantage of the loosening of the alcohol regulations that allowed them to begin brewing smaller amounts of beer for sale.

We're well into a similar thing with liquors... I'm enjoying the huge number of micro-distilleries around that are selling small-batch spirits. Yummy.
I haven't seen any micro-distilleries around here. Though in my insurance days, I sat with a client who distilled at home. I spent some time there - he wanted me to try three of his (dozen or so) distillations. All quite good.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We had April last week. This week we've been hovering between early February and mid-March.

It's going to be snowing again in a few days - March is, historically, out biggest snow month - so I enjoy it while I can.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For the movie buffs on here. Warning contains Spoilers for Star Wars The Last Jedi

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think the Weather folks just gave up trying...yesterday morning the predicted snow amounts were 1 to 3 inches....last night they changed to 3 to 6 inches...this morning they changed to 6 to 9 inches....now they do not appear to be trying to figure out how much snow we are going to get...just say it is going to be snowing until 10:00PM and it cold possibly get heavier later today..... no more estimates are being given

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Weather folks just gave up trying...yesterday morning the predicted snow amounts were 1 to 3 inches....last night they changed to 3 to 6 inches...this morning they changed to 6 to 9 inches....now they do not appear to be trying to figure out how much snow we are going to get...just say it is going to be snowing until 10:00PM and it cold possibly get heavier later today..... no more estimates are being given

Sadly, it's only going to get to the mid-60's here. Sunny, sure, but not warm enough to take the roof off the Vette. :(

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sadly, it's only going to get to the mid-60's here. Sunny, sure, but not warm enough to take the roof off the Vette. :(

Sorry to hear that....pansy...... 60 is down right balmy....60s is short t-shirt and swimming weather...use to take the motorcycle out at 45...sheesh...and I thought they were tough in Colorado......:D

.. it will be 43 here tomorrow...so this, what now appears to be a foot or more of snow I am getting...will come with a side of flooding

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Winds here today, you can feel like you're doing 70 mph standing still... You might actually be happy driving your Vette at reasonable speeds! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.