MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
yet another vegetarian predator I must keep my eye on

clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee08292fa1f2bee8e0be6532990cb3852.gif
clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee08292fa1f2bee8e0be6532990cb3852.gif
eye_1.JPG

Good, you found my prosthesis. I've been looking everywhere (with the other eye...) for that thing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I may be a vegetarian.... but that does not mean I cannot have some of this later with lunch

both_bars.jpg

The 85%....still not up to the 99%..... I can eat it...I just don't enjoy it....However Mrs Xue thinks the 99% is great

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I may be a vegetarian.... but that does not mean I cannot have some of this later with lunch

both_bars.jpg

The 85%....still not up to the 99%..... I can eat it...I just don't enjoy it....However Mrs Xue thinks the 99% is great
I am a militant chocoholic, but 99% really doesn't do anything for me. Too bitter.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I did have to adjust my diet a few years ago to improve (raise) my HDLs. The doc gave me the choice of medication ("It will work, but will probably have some side effects.") or drinking more red wine. It was tough making the adjustment to my diet, but health is important.
If only I had your discipline to make such sacrifices ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Me, too. Drinking a nice dark chocolate cocoa with a shot of coffee in it.

If you have a keurig type coffee maker....take a Lindt extra dark chocolate truffle, put it in the cup and then make the coffee...just make sure you allowed for the chocolate in the cup and not put in to much water. The truffle will melt as the coffee fills the cup

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just watched The Birds again...and it got me thinking. No way that movie could be set in the south (U.S.A) because that would be every rednecks' dream.

You would have rednecks loaded up in the back of trucks, just riding thru town unloading shotguns on the swarm of birds....it would be complete carnage.

and then the next year they would be hoping for another swarm. ;)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just watched The Birds again...and it got me thinking. No way that movie could be set in the south (U.S.A) because that would be every rednecks' dream.

You would have rednecks loaded up in the back of trucks, just riding thru town unloading shotguns on the swarm of birds....it would be complete carnage.

your assessment reminds me of Foxworthy's take on the Olympics in Atlanta...the rednecks in the parking lot, waiting for the doves to be released! :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I think it was one of the first walking dead/Zombie movies "Night of the living dead". People in the cities were freaking out and the folks in the countryside were sitting in the backs of pickup trucks hunting Zombies...."shoot the head, kill the ghoul"

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Heavy rain tonight, high winds and heavy wet snow tomorrow... My old house is in the 8 to 16 inch area...but I don't live there so I don't care....my current house is once again on the line...1 to 3 or 3 to 6 inches.......

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Bridging the divide, I had a great Chocolate Porter a few weeks ago (no actual chocolate involved, for those not familiar with the term).
I like a good porter. My favorite ever was from a brewery that has sadly closed. It was Bert Grant's Perfect Porter, out of Yakima Brewing Company. This was one of the very first craft brewery's in the country, and I think when Bert Grant passed away, the brewery just closed.

They were also on the bleeding edge of the IPA craze, and some give him credit for being the first to revive the style in the USA post prohibition. Washington State has always been a great place for hops, and I was very sad to see his brewery go under.

Status
Not open for further replies.