Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think so, too. And I think both would be hits if they came out today. They'd be written more topically for these times, of course, but I think they would work well.
Those shows were actually very progressive for their times. Archie Bunker was the backdrop for addressing many social issues at the time. Those shows were brilliant, and if well done, I think they'd do just fine.

All in the family addressed inter-racial marriage, bigotry, sexism and all kinds of issues.

Archie Bunker actually helped race relations: How “All in the Fam...

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder how the TV series All In The Family would do today if, say, it was premièring this week?
What would politically correct America think of Archie Bunker?

How bout the Honeymooners advocating domestic violence....lol

355b414bbbcdd00669e47952e8f6cf36.jpg

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
We new Archie and Ralf were wrong, and we laughed. That's the thing, back then we laughed. Today people are too sensitive and are not allowing themselves to laugh.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, the color genetics are the same as Appaloosa.
Not the ones that hare more Quarter Horse than anything, the old timey one.

Comes supersized, too
dc0fa7cdddbff744b23667fd3188d298.jpg
I think I read somewhere that they were bringing in some Appaloosas to diversify the Knabstrupper bloodlines.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Been doing a "Full" virus scan on a 3 Terabyte drive that came from China and it is almost full of files. I will not allow it to touch a network until it is fully scanned...... the virus scan has been running for over 24 hours and it is still scanning...now at over 65,000 files

And I still have another bit of software to run on it before I will deem it safe

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been doing a "Full" virus scan on a 3 Terabyte drive that came from China and it is almost full of files. I will not allow it to touch a network until it is fully scanned...... the virus scan has been running for over 24 hours and it is still scanning...now at over 65,000 files

And I still have another bit of software to run on it before I will deem it safe
Sounds like tons of fun. Do you have an isolated machine you use to sandbox stuff you're testing like that?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sharks don't scare me. You know why? Because I never go into the water, ever. And I don't do boats, ever.
So they don't scare me at all....well, maybe a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions