Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
IMG_20171216_123205.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The phone phobia has been worse than ever lately. And I have another big implementation coming up - which means I'll have to be on the phone... with people... humans... every day. <snarl>

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
today was a good day. it was pretty warm today so i got to do some tai chi outside. even did some xingyi too.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that show. Mind-bending. So weird - it's awesome.

I like it because the hacks they show are valid. Yes, they compress the time factor a lot, but the techniques they show (even the code snippets) really work.
Not that I would know first hand, of course.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like it because the hacks they show are valid. Yes, they compress the time factor a lot, but the techniques they show (even the code snippets) really work.
Not that I would know first hand, of course.
Yes! If memory serves, the show's creators talk about this on the show's podcast and blog. Like you said, they bend it a little - but at least it shows they've done their homework. The speed, with which things unfold (a major network revolution in - what? - under a couple of weeks?) is ju-u-ust off the edge of reality - but you can see it from here.

I also like it that they made no attempt to make the show "pretty" in any way. You know? The main character is an ordinary kid - they didn't make him look like Brad Pitt. The neighborhoods are gritty and dark, with their share of mud, cracked sidewalks, graffiti, and broken lights. It's real. Anyone who was ever young, broke, and living in a shithole can relate.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Long night last night...lost power @ 1 am and didn’t come back on til 7 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.