Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
if it makes you feel better winter will be here soon enough... pretty soon it will probably be much colder and snowier too. :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking recently that some folks on this board don’t understand the difference between an assertion and an opinion.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally making the big move tomorrow. Reinstalling Windows 10 on my PC, starting from scratch. Should be fun.

(Actually, I started the process last week. Have installed Win10 and two versions of Office and a few other applications on an old drive, which will be transferred to my primary drive tomorrow. Should only take another 2 or 3 days to get it back to something like normal. A week, tops.)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it may shock you all, but it is raining in Seattle.
I was told once by a taxi driver in Pittsburgh that it actually rains more days of the year there than in Seattle. I find that hard to believe (and am not curious enough to look it up).

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't know if that's true or not. I bet they get more rain in terms of "inches of precipitation."

Seattle has some of the most beautiful Summers you will ever see. Generally between 75F and 85F, it's moderate warmth, clear skies and a whole lot of green. Summers here start usually after July4th, and can last into October in some years.

Winters are wet, gray and dark. You wake up in the dark, go to work in the dark, and by the time you get off work, it's already dark again. It doesn't get too cold, generally, but it does stay in a perpetual state of wet. Not rain... not exactly. But drizzly. Sort of a misty thing that doesn't really get you wet, but makes things generally unpleasant. So I can imagine that on paper it doesn't rain as much, but winters aren't much fun. That said, I find them to be quite moderate. it doesn't snow often. We get an ice storm about once a decade and snow maybe every other year. This is because we have an ocean on one side (the Puget sound) and the Cascade Mountains and Olympic Mountains sandwiching us in between.

All that said, it's raining today. Real rain. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if that's true or not. I bet they get more rain in terms of "inches of precipitation."

Seattle has some of the most beautiful Summers you will ever see. Generally between 75F and 85F, it's moderate warmth, clear skies and a whole lot of green. Summers here start usually after July4th, and can last into October in some years.

Winters are wet, gray and dark. You wake up in the dark, go to work in the dark, and by the time you get off work, it's already dark again. It doesn't get too cold, generally, but it does stay in a perpetual state of wet. Not rain... not exactly. But drizzly. Sort of a misty thing that doesn't really get you wet, but makes things generally unpleasant. So I can imagine that on paper it doesn't rain as much, but winters aren't much fun. That said, I find them to be quite moderate. it doesn't snow often. We get an ice storm about once a decade and snow maybe every other year. This is because we have an ocean on one side (the Puget sound) and the Cascade Mountains and Olympic Mountains sandwiching us in between.

All that said, it's raining today. Real rain. :)
That sounds like an exaggeration of our dreary winters, Steve. You can keep that mess.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't mind it. Most of the time, the difference between bad weather and good weather is dressing correctly for the climate. Nothing beats a good rain coat and a pair of duck boots. :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It was 56 in our house when I got up this morning. Not a comfortable temperature for inside.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Winter is my favorite season.

Clear, 20-30 degrees without wind is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions