Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't know how long we've been trying to find a week we could get up there when he wasn't around. He really should go home more often, if only to give folks in Rochester a break.

My primary physician actually specializes in sports medicine, and is only a bit younger than me (and pretty athletic, himself), so he gets it. He tends toward PT as a first attempt, actually works with a custom dispensary to get topical rubs made to reduce the need for systemic analgesics, etc. If he says Cortizone, I'll go with Cortizone - this does appear to be an inflammatory issue now, though it might be just some really annoying bursitis.
I've heard that heroin works pretty well.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well..... youngest has been sick today, I have spent the entire day at home, the weather is lousy... and here I sit typing on the computer....think I'll go do some yoga.... then work out on the Total Gym and later do some taiji

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Halloween night went out in a light jacket. Was in the mid 50s. Today, snowing and cold. Not sticking thank goodness. But kind of nasty.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading to the panhandle of Florida to deliver some (non-MA) seminars next week. It'll be in the 80's there. I've forgotten what season I'm in.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So...after spilling a rather large glass of water all over the kitchen island.... the floor.... and myself.... I think...at this juncture.....it is time to say....good night MT wherever you are

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Day two of the Jiu jitsu tournament today. Yesterday was long, was there at about 7:30am and left at 7pm. Today should be a shorter day with the kids.

Biggest one of these yet with over 800 individual competitors counting both kids and adults. Something like 400 or so in Gi, 200 in no Gi (with a lot of guys doing both, and today will be a crap ton of kids.

Worst injury so far was a very, very broken big toe (bone sticking out kind). But otherwise, ran several hundred matches without incident.

Kids are fun to watch.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Day two of the Jiu jitsu tournament today. Yesterday was long, was there at about 7:30am and left at 7pm. Today should be a shorter day with the kids.

Biggest one of these yet with over 800 individual competitors counting both kids and adults. Something like 400 or so in Gi, 200 in no Gi (with a lot of guys doing both, and today will be a crap ton of kids.

Worst injury so far was a very, very broken big toe (bone sticking out kind). But otherwise, ran several hundred matches without incident.

Kids are fun to watch.
Okay, now my arthritic toes hurt, Steve. Hope that competitor heals okay, and hope everyone else had/has a blast!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Okay, now my arthritic toes hurt, Steve. Hope that competitor heals okay, and hope everyone else had/has a blast!
That’s going to suck. I’ve broken my little toes many times, but I can’t imagine how painful have a broken big toe would be.

No injuries to speak of today. Really smooth tournament overall. I was worried though. As the tournament was closing this afternoon, it started snowing. Was worried about getting home, but the roads were fine.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Got in my car this morning......looked at the clock in the car and panicked.... then realized I had not turned the clock back in my car
My body doesn't realize that the clocks have changed. I woke up at exactly the same time I always do... it's just a hour earlier on the clock.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know the beauty of that? You get an hour to work out/train!

I really miss the evil grin emoji...

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, all.

Got some assistance working on my new website. Now I am starting to get it! Building the templates for a lot of pages, which will be populated with content soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions