Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy November everyone. Happy Holiday season. :)
Thanks, brother - to you, too! We've already started our annual Peanuts watching (two Hollowe'en episodes), and soon we can move on to the Thanksgiving ones. On Thanksgiving day, The Grinch starts playing on the TV and my iTunes lists.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks, brother - to you, too! We've already started our annual Peanuts watching (two Hollowe'en episodes), and soon we can move on to the Thanksgiving ones. On Thanksgiving day, The Grinch starts playing on the TV and my iTunes lists.

Which version of the Grinch are you looking to watch, the cartoon or the Jim Carrey film

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cartoon. The Carrey version violates a primary precept of the original: “No one quite knows the reason.”
it is my impression that his head wasnt screwed on just right.
i mean come on, that was some exorcist move twisting his head around with a finger on his chin.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is my impression that his head wasnt screwed on just right.
i mean come on, that was some exorcist move twisting his head around with a finger on his chin.
Yes, but what about his enlarged heart - too big for both the antique X-ray film frame and his chest? And somehow that's a good thing.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, but what about his enlarged heart - too big for both the antique X-ray film frame and his chest? And somehow that's a good thing.
i agree, if your heart grows 3 sizes in a day....imagine the spike in blood pressure...thats an aneurysm and stroke just waiting to happen. i say let your heart grow maybe 1 size if its a little small and let that spoiled little brat Cindy Lou Who, fend for herself.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nope...it makes you smile and get super strong

grinch-heart-grow-three-sizes.gif

i-db183aad3a4e5fd6b79ba9f09200c41f-grinch_lifting.png

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
No, he can't. Step 1 in becoming a moderator around here is heart removal. DD took the extra step of a retroactive heart removal... :D
is that step 1 for becoming a moderator? Huh. I wouldn't have thought that.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 30-year-old spare shoulder lying around? This older model I'm using is pretty crappy, and I'm tired of it. Achy, stiff, gets downright painful a couple of times a day for no damned reason at all. Willing to trade it and a collection of somewhat beaten bo and jo for a used shoulder in better shape.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 30-year-old spare shoulder lying around? This older model I'm using is pretty crappy, and I'm tired of it. Achy, stiff, gets downright painful a couple of times a day for no damned reason at all. Willing to trade it and a collection of somewhat beaten bo and jo for a used shoulder in better shape.

Been there....ended up with a Cortisone shot

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been there....ended up with a Cortisone shot
I'm going to give it until after my trip to Rochester (2 weeks out). If it's not doing better, I'm going back to the doctor to see what's next. PT helped a lot with the rotator cuff injury, but now it feels like something inside the joint.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm going to give it until after my trip to Rochester (2 weeks out). If it's not doing better, I'm going back to the doctor to see what's next. PT helped a lot with the rotator cuff injury, but now it feels like something inside the joint.

So...you have something against my family...is that it..... you only go to Rochester when my oldest WON'T be there and has a school break and comes home huh....so that's how its gonna be....ok.... I get it.....:D

I went through a lot with my shoulder and then went to an orthopedic doc who was not big on surgery or Cortisone unless necessary and he went for Cortisone. That was a few years ago and I have had no issues since. But my issue was directly related to inflammation due to arthritis..... this getting old stuff is not for the squeamish

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...you have something against my family...is that it..... you only go to Rochester when my oldest WON'T be there and has a school break and comes home huh....so that's how its gonna be....ok.... I get it.....:D
Yeah, you don't know how long we've been trying to find a week we could get up there when he wasn't around. He really should go home more often, if only to give folks in Rochester a break.

I went through a lot with my shoulder and then went to an orthopedic doc who was not big on surgery or Cortisone unless necessary and he went for Cortisone. That was a few years ago and I have had no issues since. But my issue was directly related to inflammation due to arthritis..... this getting old stuff is not for the squeamish
My primary physician actually specializes in sports medicine, and is only a bit younger than me (and pretty athletic, himself), so he gets it. He tends toward PT as a first attempt, actually works with a custom dispensary to get topical rubs made to reduce the need for systemic analgesics, etc. If he says Cortizone, I'll go with Cortizone - this does appear to be an inflammatory issue now, though it might be just some really annoying bursitis.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't know how long we've been trying to find a week we could get up there when he wasn't around. He really should go home more often, if only to give folks in Rochester a break.

My primary physician actually specializes in sports medicine, and is only a bit younger than me (and pretty athletic, himself), so he gets it. He tends toward PT as a first attempt, actually works with a custom dispensary to get topical rubs made to reduce the need for systemic analgesics, etc. If he says Cortizone, I'll go with Cortizone - this does appear to be an inflammatory issue now, though it might be just some really annoying bursitis.
this may not apply to your exact condition but i have heard that there has been some super success in the treatment of shoulder issues through the use of stem cell injections. i am hoping they get this perfected soon so i can get some in my shoulders and knees.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I also have the option of acupuncture, which usually works rather well, but it got to a point where nothing was helping. a Cortisone is the next to last option IMO, surgery being the last option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions