Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol... you mean a protractor? Just kidding. Angle measuring tools are great for molding. Corners are rarely exactly 90degrees.
If the houses I've owned are a representative sample, most corners aren't even close. And those that are, somehow mysteriously produce un-square openings - a mathematical paradox.

Building fences is hard work. Posts are in. Hardest part is done. Now i get to enjoy the assembly part.

Morning.

Leaving at 3pm for an appointment, then heading to Wing Chun class in Broadalbin.

I switched my focus from martial arts to networking for this webcomic. I got it listed on several "list" sites.

Next step: check on titles that are newly listed. (Originally I was going to look at titles that are in the same genre as mine, but then I realized a LOT of these comics have been abandoned, so the best use of my time would be to look at the newly listed comics.)

Reach out to those I like and say hi. Invite them to check out mine.

I switched my focus from martial arts to networking for this webcomic. I got it listed on several "list" sites.

Next step: check on titles that are newly listed. (Originally I was going to look at titles that are in the same genre as mine, but then I realized a LOT of these comics have been abandoned, so the best use of my time would be to look at the newly listed comics.)

Reach out to those I like and say hi. Invite them to check out mine.
I know a lot of webcomics folks have crossovers. They'll have a panel (or sometimes entire arc) drawn by another artist (good way to take a vacation, I think), or they'll draw in characters from the other comic (with the other artist's permission, of course, and usually with reciprocity). Then each provides a link to the comic their character crosses over into. Charby and Life & Death both did this a lot.

Good luck with that, xue. Next step is to move a bunch of river rock, then I can finish the fence. Actually a day ahead of schedule.

I know a lot of webcomics folks have crossovers. They'll have a panel (or sometimes entire arc) drawn by another artist (good way to take a vacation, I think), or they'll draw in characters from the other comic (with the other artist's permission, of course, and usually with reciprocity). Then each provides a link to the comic their character crosses over into. Charby and Life & Death both did this a lot.

I plan on doing something of this nature in the future, after the audience has had a chance to get to know some of the characters. It is slightly different than what you describe.

Here's how it will work: let's say there is someone who is only a supporting character in my story, but the audience would like to know more about them. My plan is to open the REDemption "universe" up to other creative teams. In other words, let writers and artists OTHER than Johnny and I come up with something. Of course, I won't publish any old piece of crap; they'll have to run their idea and the script past us first.

If it is in line with what we know of the characters so far, then they can go ahead and create their off-shoot story.

Today was a pretty good day. I went to MA class and we did stuff. Not a bad day IMO.

Today was a pretty good day. I went to MA class and we did stuff. Not a bad day IMO.

I went to mine too. I have been focusing mainly on rooting my stance for about a month now. I figured, "Hey, I bet I really advanced because of my hyperfocus!"

And what happened? Sifu uprooted me. I figured, "Well, he's better than me, so of course he can."

Then the other student ALSO uprooted me. As far as I know, she doesn't obsessively think and train like I do. In other words, her skill set is "lower" than mine. Yet she uprooted me.

I was happy I was in class, but frustrated by what I found. Today I am trying to recover from that frustration and focus on fixing my weak spot. Sometimes I have a tendency to give up when the going gets tough, but I'm starting to learn how to fight against that urge to cave.

I had a freelance client hire me to write an Amazon product description. I wrote up a killer, beautiful description and sent it to them.

They replied with a dispute to the order. When this happens, I read it over and take what they say as constructive criticism (even if they say it rudely). However, when I read his dispute, this is what I saw:

"It's well-written and looks great, but I'm not going to use it for my listing. I want my money back."

Well, no. If it looks great, then that means I delivered what my gig promises. If you choose not to use it, that's on you.

I've had people pull this one on me before. In the past, there was an occasion where I refunded without even blinking. (The customer is always right after all, or at least that's the philosophy.) However, after I gave him back his money because he said my write-up was terrible, I went on Amazon and saw they were using EXACTLY WHAT I HAD GIVEN THEM!!!

So now I review refunds with skepticism. I know that one shady buyer does not represent them all, but the experience left me less trusting of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back