Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
gotta love Walmart....

If you have not seen people in a donkey's age, you WILL bump into them there - sooner or later.

Tonight I ran into one of the ladies who got me fired from my girl scout troop

"Oh, HIIIIIII!!!! How are you doing?!"
polite conversation, albeit short ensues....

After which I turn and walk away the other direction "damn B****..."
:shifty:

Oh well, life goes on....:rolleyes:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oldest is now not going to Nepal, it seems that the organizer for this humanitarian trip to help build schools is not all that organized...or honest.

Something just isn't right when the organizer who is asking for volunteers to go to Nepal to help build schools, sets it up through a college so he can go for free and then required each volunteer pay $4000, has not yet gotten plane tickets, has not set up places for them to stay, told them that once they get there that they are on their own, not arranged for translators nor is the organizer offering to be one, and not set up any place for them to get food. Oldest called last night and told me this and said he was not going...... good call

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love Fridays on holiday weekends. No one bothers to call here. :) Sometimes a little relief is good.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oldest is now not going to Nepal, it seems that the organizer for this humanitarian trip to help build schools is not all that organized...or honest.

Something just isn't right when the organizer who is asking for volunteers to go to Nepal to help build schools, sets it up through a college so he can go for free and then required each volunteer pay $4000, has not yet gotten plane tickets, has not set up places for them to stay, told them that once they get there that they are on their own, not arranged for translators nor is the organizer offering to be one, and not set up any place for them to get food. Oldest called last night and told me this and said he was not going...... good call
Damn good call. Next step probably ought to be notifying that college about how it's worked out, and possibly a fraud investigation...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Damn good call. Next step probably ought to be notifying that college about how it's worked out, and possibly a fraud investigation...

The college is paying for the guys trip, found out he is a student who goes there that is from Nepal. But I plan on letting him know he should tell the college about it, if he has not done that already.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might need more details then... Was this a sponsored, planned, (in theory) organized "official" humanitarian trip -- or was it Sherpa from Nepal talking to some of his buddies about his summer plans, and everyone jumping in on "this would be a cool thing to do over the summer!" bandwagon? If there's any sort of official angle to the trip -- sponsoring bodies should know how it's working out. But if it's not really anything formal... caveat emptor, y'know?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I produced about 80 pages of training documentation today. I'm ready to go home.

I fixed 2 laptops, one PC, setup a second monitor (only to have the user complain it didn't match the original), dealt with Mac issues, Adobe issues, off site (useless, aka the helpless desk) helpdesk issues, and just had me an Americano....... yup... I've had enough too.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fixed 2 laptops, one PC, setup a second monitor (only to have the user complain it didn't match the original), dealt with Mac issues, Adobe issues, off site (useless, aka the helpless desk) helpdesk issues, and just had me an Americano....... yup... I've had enough too.
I'm now trying to get Acronis to clone my HDD, so I can replace it with a SSD. Acronis is being bitchy.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I went to the butcher today. picked up some bacon, a bone in pork shoulder, some burger patties, and some brats. Between me, my family and my daughters in-laws, that had all better get eaten this weekend. We started with the burgers tonight, and some of the bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions