Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really? Normally this thread is blown up by now! Maybe I WILL be poster number 10,000 this time!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meet and Greet seems to have slowed down too. Where are all the newbies at?
It's late in the school year (at least in the US). This is not a time of year, IME, that a lot of people start in martial arts. Many of the new folks we get on here are looking for a program or just joined one.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
That sounds like tons of fun. If I could go back in time and add one thing to my life, it would be getting my pilot's license in my 20's. I've never gotten around to it, and at this point maybe never will, but I really love flying in small aircraft of all sorts.

My friend didn't get started until his 40s either. He really loves it. Here in Germany you do need a license but once you're set there are little airports to land and take off from all over the place, pretty neat.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Webcomic is going strong! 80 views yesterday, and we already have 27 today.

Not bad, considering all our advertising is free.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most of the hits came from a place called the Belfry Webcomics Index, which lists an exhausting amount of webcomics!

My next step should be visiting the webcomics of others and reaching out to those that I like, especially if they are thematically/visually similar to mine. Build relationships. And of course, earn the right to ask for a link swap!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I know I am posting about the comic a lot, but it is the main thing going on in my life right now.

Well, then again there are other things going on involving my kids, but I'd rather not air that stuff.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I spent the morning at the dentist, I have a headache, its lunch time, and I'm hungry, and I likely have the disposition of an angry grizzly bear at the moment....

50e617fb6688131103818dfc7f342d50.jpg

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Reading a lot of articles on anger management, building confidence, dealing with anxiety/depression/ADHD, and the like.

Now I know reading online does not compare to the help of a professional, but I am doing what I can for now while I work on that.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whenever conversation lulls, have you ever considered saying something outrageous, just to see how many responses flood in?

I have, in bored moments. Luckily I have had the self-control to not cave in.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I won't bee feeling like myself again until I am out of here and on my way to Wing Chun class!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions