Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That actually looks great. Did a quick search and it appears that there are quite a number of small, craftsman style bungalows, which my wife and I really like. The prices don't seem too bad, either, but that may be because they are so inflated in the Seattle area. $325k for a 1300 sq. ft. bungalow in a walkable neighborhood is pretty good.

We'll have to plan a trip out that way some time to scope it out.
It's a nice area. Prices in the South are generally lower than out your way. Parts of Asheville are more expensive than average in the South, but as you can see still better than a lot of areas of the country. If you guys make it out this way, beer's on me. Or coffee, or whatever.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
My son is jealous. He has been put on IR for the next 3 weeks due to having an appendectomy.

First - best wishes to your son for a speedy recovery!!

But - believe me - I get it!! From August 2016 - January 2017,
I was dealing with inflammatory arthritis in my knees and having
to have fluid drained from both knees multiple times during that
time period. After one tournament last May there wasn't one I could
attend until last month and I am SO ready for this Saturday!!

For what it's worth - remind your son it's all about the journey
and he'll be back at it soon! :)

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Only if you clean it up, first. Do that, and my wife will probably lock you in and keep you.

Ha, I have that same situation with my garage.....although I doubt anyone would want to move in there

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Went to try out a BJJ class last night.......I had forgotten how uncomfortable it is being choked.......

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Have seen these in California and saw a couple in Virginia and even one as I was driving through DC, but I have not seen one in my area in a long time

2015_64.png

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have seen these in California and saw a couple in Virginia and even one as I was driving through DC, but I have not seen one in my area in a long time

2015_64.png

There are two of these in my neighborhood. One is driven by a stodgy old fart who thinks 30 is dangerously fast. The other keeps trying to race me (but circumstances have not allowed). I'm looking forward to it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There are two of these in my neighborhood. One is driven by a stodgy old fart who thinks 30 is dangerously fast. The other keeps trying to race me (but circumstances have not allowed). I'm looking forward to it.

The reason I posted it, I forgot to add, I did see one in my area just yesterday on the way home from work..... Corvette vs. Maserati..... sounds interesting.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason I posted it, I forgot to add, I did see one in my area just yesterday on the way home from work..... Corvette vs. Maserati..... sounds interesting.

It probably wouldn't really be. The Grandtourismo has about 450 flywheel HP and a curb weight of about 4100-4200 lbs. My vette has 815 flywheel HP and weighs 3200lbs.
Oh, it'd fun, because it just is. But I don't think it'd be particularly close, in this case.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
It probably wouldn't really be. The Grandtourismo has about 450 flywheel HP and a curb weight of about 4100-4200 lbs. My vette has 815 flywheel HP and weighs 3200lbs.
Oh, it'd fun, because it just is. But I don't think it'd be particularly close, in this case.

Why are y'all conversing in Greek?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I see cars on the road burning oil every now and then and it never bothers me. I generally diagnose the issue and move on (my old mechanic days kicking in)...but today, I saw one with bad valve seals and it just drove me crazy, it was a BMX X6 and it was in front of me for miles and every single time the driver applied the gas....blue smoke.... never seen a BMW burning oil before and it just drove me nuts.

7846.jpg

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course, I'm sure the race will be in an appropriate sanctioned location. Lining that up must be the problem. ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.