Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say they did, it's just a comment, why are you being adversarial? Why do you jump down my throat when I just make a comment?
You're reading a lot more emotion in that than was there, Tez. I was just clarifying - making sure you didn't think that's what I intended to say.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're reading a lot more emotion in that than was there, Tez. I was just clarifying - making sure you didn't think that's what I intended to say.

Why do you assume 'emotion' is this you thinking that as a female I'm actually more 'emotionally engaged' than a man? I'm asking a question not getting involved, I'm curious, that's all, why you have become so sharp. Why not ask me instead of barking out a statement 'No one said........….' duh I know no one said, you've misread it again.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it's time for this thread to be locked. The few pages of this are nothing but absolutely stupid arguments

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you assume 'emotion' is this you thinking that as a female I'm actually more 'emotionally engaged' than a man? I'm asking a question not getting involved, I'm curious, that's all, why you have become so sharp. Why not ask me instead of barking out a statement 'No one said........….' duh I know no one said, you've misread it again.
Again, I think you're reading more into my post than is there. If it came across as sharp, it wasn't intended as such. I was probably going fast when I posted that, so put in a short statement rather than anything longer.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I think you're reading more into my post than is there. If it came across as sharp, it wasn't intended as such. I was probably going fast when I posted that, so put in a short statement rather than anything longer.

I don't understand why you need to correct posts, ( I know no one said it, everyone knows no one said it because if they had they'd have read it and they didn't!!! but you had to post to say no one had said it, it's like a Monty Python sketch) and as someone has already said it makes for stupid arguments. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you need to correct posts, ( I know no one said it, everyone knows no one said it because if they had they'd have read it and they didn't!!! but you had to post to say no one had said it, it's like a Monty Python sketch) and as someone has already said it makes for stupid arguments. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
OK

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trained fighters are outliers. How does average factor in?
Super late to the party, so this may have already been addressed (haven't caught up to the thread yet). But there's a simple way to guesstimate the average of men vs. women strength. Ask random men you know, and random women, how many pushups, pullups, squats, etc. to find out whether men or women have more muscle. Definitely not scientific, but can give a general idea. You could also ask a high school gym teacher what the average is on fitness tests for each. I haven't done that, but I think it's a fair assumption that men's averages would be higher, since from what I remember the tests near me had different standards for fitness for both. I hope that was based on data they had found.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Super late to the party, so this may have already been addressed (haven't caught up to the thread yet). But there's a simple way to guesstimate the average of men vs. women strength. Ask random men you know, and random women, how many pushups, pullups, squats, etc. to find out whether men or women have more muscle. Definitely not scientific, but can give a general idea. You could also ask a high school gym teacher what the average is on fitness tests for each. I haven't done that, but I think it's a fair assumption that men's averages would be higher, since from what I remember the tests near me had different standards for fitness for both. I hope that was based on data they had found.
ask ing men what there press up count is, is Like asking them how many sexual partners they have had, they tend to exaggerate by a factor of two or three,

which is a serious issue with any survey of fitness that doesn5 involve them proving it.

I read the " average " 40 yo Male can do 40 press ups ?... not round here they cant,

when looking at elite athletes that do strengh based sports sprinting, swim sprints, high jump etal,then the differance in performance is circa 10% if a man does it in 20 secs,a femail does it in 22 secs. so clearly theres a performance advantage, but it's no where near what some on here have claimed it to be

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ask ing men what there press up count is, is Like asking them how many sexual partners they have had, they tend to exaggerate by a factor of two or three,

which is a serious issue with any survey of fitness that doesn5 involve them proving it.

I read the " average " 40 yo Male can do 40 press ups ?... not round here they cant,

when looking at elite athletes that do strengh based sports sprinting, swim sprints, high jump etal,then the differance in performance is circa 10% if a man does it in 20 secs,a femail does it in 22 secs. so clearly theres a performance advantage, but it's no where near what some on here have claimed it to be
That's what the high school gym test part is about. They actually do have to prove it. Cause I don't think my friends (male or female) will react well to me saying "Oh you can do 50 pushups? Let me see, I'll count."

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yeah. But we are comparing women who train to men in general. Some men train some don't.

So elite women to average men would be a better comparison.

If we were suggesting competition then it would be elite men to elite women.

Comparing average to average would be like making a judgement on tightrope walking and using averages for that.

Training will make people stronger than average.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's what the high school gym test part is about. They actually do have to prove it. Cause I don't think my friends (male or female) will react well to me saying "Oh you can do 50 pushups? Let me see, I'll count."
well in that case they are clearly lieing or they would be only to happy to show off.
then you say, no sorry, no half reps, so that it's only 12, the number of people I've seen that do 30 half reps and say they are press ups is considerable

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. But we are comparing women who train to men in general. Some men train some don't.

So elite women to average men would be a better comparison.

If we were suggesting competition then it would be elite men to elite women.

Comparing average to average would be like making a judgement on tightrope walking and using averages for that.

Training will make people stronger than average.
I got lost multiple times in this thread, but my assumption was that the discussion was between men who train krav maga versus women who train krav maga. In which case the men would still be stronger than the women. I would hope that women who train are stronger than man who don't.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got lost multiple times in this thread, but my assumption was that the discussion was between men who train krav maga versus women who train krav maga. In which case the men would still be stronger than the women. I would hope that women who train are stronger than man who don't.
well no, that's what hasn5 been proved at all, you can only make that assumption when dealing with elite athletes, where theres data to support it, no one has 3ver carried out a survey of all the km, clubs to find that out

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well no, that's what hasn5 been proved at all, you can only make that assumption when dealing with elite athletes, where theres data to support it, no one has 3ver carried out a survey of all the km, clubs to find that out
Again, that was my statement about high school fitness standards. Those are supposed to be based around the 'average' scores for their age group, and are differentiated.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Is the end point of Krav to dominate other Kravarians?