Korean ROC Bayonet Demonstration!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Right, I should have joined the Army and tried to get a slot into Ranger school. Pass or fail, I would have tried, but, no.

My Father served in World War 2 in France. He was in the Signal Corps. He met some of the Rangers over there that scaled the wall at Normandy. He said they were some ####-strong guys, Haha! He said that some of them told him that they got out of prison on the condition that they would join the Rangers. Evidently, some of those guys were flat out tough to begin with, even before the US Army got ahold of them. I know they did the trick, and now we are able to enjoy the FREEDOM today because of them.

Haha -- I need to check in to the LPT because soon I will have the 1000 post minimum needed to take ownership, or should I say "pwn3rship"! LOL!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right, I should have joined the Army and tried to get a slot into Ranger school. Pass or fail, I would have tried, but, no.

My Father served in World War 2 in France. He was in the Signal Corps. He met some of the Rangers over there that scaled the wall at Normandy. He said they were some ####-strong guys, Haha! He said that some of them told him that they got out of prison on the condition that they would join the Rangers. Evidently, some of those guys were flat out tough to begin with, even before the US Army got ahold of them. I know they did the trick, and now we are able to enjoy the FREEDOM today because of them.

Haha -- I need to check in to the LPT because soon I will have the 1000 post minimum needed to take ownership, or should I say "pwn3rship"! LOL!

Ownership is such a strong word but you are welcome to strom though there and see what happens
icon10.gif

Kuk Sa Nim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Greeting to all and happy new year!
I would like to make a small comment on the original content of this thread: The ROK soldiers. Going back and forth about our military vs any other military is pointless, and non-productive. Speaking as someone who was stationed in Korea, and had the great opportunity to interact and work with several ROK soldiers, let me say that they are absolutely tough and true warriors. In training CQC it was all about what worked, which included lots of bayonet and knife fighting. This demo clip is great as are many MA demos. Remember, there is usually some real techniques and lots of eye catching fancy stuff (not very practical at all, such as the final back flip breaking boards and releasing the banners). This is the crowd pleasing stuff. But don't confuse that with the fact that these guys are trained well and to FIGHT HARD. Their record does speak for itself. And again, as someone who has first hand knowledge of working with some of them, they are awesome. There are some very good points made here by you guys, so let's focus on the positives. Be well and keep training hard.
With brotherhood,
Kuk Sa Nim

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greeting to all and happy new year!
I would like to make a small comment on the original content of this thread: The ROK soldiers. Going back and forth about our military vs any other military is pointless, and non-productive. Speaking as someone who was stationed in Korea, and had the great opportunity to interact and work with several ROK soldiers, let me say that they are absolutely tough and true warriors. In training CQC it was all about what worked, which included lots of bayonet and knife fighting. This demo clip is great as are many MA demos. Remember, there is usually some real techniques and lots of eye catching fancy stuff (not very practical at all, such as the final back flip breaking boards and releasing the banners). This is the crowd pleasing stuff. But don't confuse that with the fact that these guys are trained well and to FIGHT HARD. Their record does speak for itself. And again, as someone who has first hand knowledge of working with some of them, they are awesome. There are some very good points made here by you guys, so let's focus on the positives. Be well and keep training hard.
With brotherhood,
Kuk Sa Nim

Very well said, KSN!
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions