Knighthood for Patrick Stewart? Queen says make it so

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Janeway without doubt!!

Sir Patrick and David Tennent ( another RSC member though I guess you know him as Dr Who) have just filmed a marvellous Hamlet for the BBC. Tennent takes the title role.

Tez, Tez,Tez......

Janeway? So look what happened when they finally did let a woman drive - - - first episode she gets soooooo lost it takes the rest of the series to find a way home! That what she gets for putting on makeup while going into warp!

"Sir Patrick"? Oh, Blech! How about when he had a chance to short circuit all the Borg cubes and passed on it.... only to have them come and lay waste to most everything. Get Astro Neville Chamberlain outta the captain's chair!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, they can't knight Shatner, and anyway, who'd want to see him tear his shirt off nowadays?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah true....forgot Shat's a hozer. ;)

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
On the contrary, I believe that:

A) The Queen could knight William Shatner, a Canadian and

B) He would not have to strip for the ceremony.

:)

I'll have to check, but I don't think Canadians can be knighted. In any event, I'm sure Shatner is a US citizen.

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll have to check, but I don't think Canadians can be knighted. In any event, I'm sure Shatner is a US citizen.

Canadians can be knighted, like William Stephenson (Intrepid) , even made a lord like Conrad Black (unless the PM decides to cause trouble) but I think Shat is an American citizen now.

Last edited:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I visited Shatner's website, but amazingly, it seemed almost totally focused on commercial sales.... so I took the last refuge and noted his Wiki biography has a sizable section on his Canadian birth and upbringing. So it appears that "It's MY ship" could indeed become Sir Its MY Ship....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sir Patrick and David Tennent ( another RSC member though I guess you know him as Dr Who) have just filmed a marvellous Hamlet for the BBC. Tennent takes the title role.

That I would like to see.

Every time I think of Patrick Stewart I think of an interview he and Jonathan Frakes (Cmdr. William T. Riker) did where Frakes was talking about star ship acting where you would basically jump up and down in your chair to make it look like things were rough and they demonstrated it. Afterwards Frakes points at Stewart and says over 20 years in the Royal Shakespeare company just to get to star ship acting :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a troll on an MMA website that calls himself Jonathan Frakes and posts threads saying we can ask him anything about anything, posts a lot about 'manly' things and beards, a lot about beards, very funny.

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
An outstanding career!

Think back - even without ST-TNG and X-Men - Patrick Stewart had some outstanding, less known roles:

• Excalibur (1981) as Leondegrance
  • Dune (1984) Gurney Halleck
  • Lifeforce (1985) Dr. Armstrong
  • Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993) King Richard
  • Moby Dick (1998-TV) Captain Ahab
  • A Christmas Carol (1999-TV) Mr. Ebenezer Scrooge
But the untold story – unnamed sources have confirmed just to me it was his voice role as CIA Director Avery Bullock in American Dad that clearly most impressed the Queen. :)

BTW - I am sorry to bust all the Trekkies here, but by the middle of the 24th century do you think mankind could have discovered a cure for baldness???? F’er Christsakes !!!!!!!!!!!
Like the day after my death?
As I have prophesized – it is written.
:banghead:

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
An outstanding career!

Think back - even without ST-TNG and X-Men - Patrick Stewart had some outstanding, less known roles:

• Excalibur (1981) as Leondegrance
  • Dune (1984) Gurney Halleck
  • Lifeforce (1985) Dr. Armstrong
  • Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993) King Richard
  • Moby Dick (1998-TV) Captain Ahab
  • A Christmas Carol (1999-TV) Mr. Ebenezer Scrooge
But the untold story – unnamed sources have confirmed just to me it was his voice role as CIA Director Avery Bullock in American Dad that clearly most impressed the Queen. :)

BTW - I am sorry to bust all the Trekkies here, but by the middle of the 24th century do you think mankind could have discovered a cure for baldness???? F’er Christsakes !!!!!!!!!!!
Like the day after my death?
As I have prophesized – it is written.
:banghead:

Actually the first role I remember him in is as Sejanus in I, Claudius with a really bad toupee.

As for baldness in the 24th century...errr well it is fiction, hate to break it to you but Superman can't really fly , Wolverine doesn't really have metal claws and Spider-man can't really stick to walls.

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Actually the first role I remember him in is as Sejanus in I, Claudius with a really bad toupee.

As for baldness in the 24th century...errr well it is fiction, hate to break it to you but Superman can't really fly , Wolverine doesn't really have metal claws and Spider-man can't really stick to walls.

I, Claudius - now that was an interesting series. I remember watching that via a local PBS station on my B&W portable TV with rabbit ears in my bedroom at my parent's house. That was light years ago.

Sci-Fi is not factual?!?
Are you inferring that there are not seven-foot Wookies living in a galaxy far, far away?
:xtrmshock

My "24th century baldness" quip was actually from a TV critic's comments when the TNG series premiered way back in September 1987. It made me think even back then - within fifty years could diabetes and cancers become just "correctable ailments" - but will the common cold and baldness still haunt us humans.

Oh wait - we all are going to die in December 2012. Never mind.

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
My "24th century baldness" quip was actually from a TV critic's comments when the TNG series premiered way back in September 1987. It made me think even back then - within fifty years could diabetes and cancers become just "correctable ailments" - but will the common cold and baldness still haunt us humans.

Never underestimate the power of human vanity, I would bet on a cure for baldness before anything more serious.

Latest Discussions