Knife Arts

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very simply, how to use a knife with martial principals. From Balisong to Marine Corp.

G

GouRonin

Sorry. An attempt at lightening the mood. My apologies all around. And as the Renegade will tell you I don't apologize a lot so i mean it.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No prob. :)

I understand the intention, and apreciate it.

Just erring on the side of caution for now.

G

GouRonin

I'm one of those kinda guys where too much time on my hands gets me into trouble...which is why i started martial arts in the first place!:eek:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this about the post that was wiped? I didn't get to read it.

As for you, Mr. Ronin...next time you have too much time on your hands, I want you to do all your sets and forms...50 times each!

:)

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah, your instructor is a fellow sadist?

:)

Cthulhu

C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Very simply, how to use a knife with martial principals. From Balisong to Marine Corp.
In the corps you are taught to use the bayonet as a slash, thrust, vertical. horizontal and downward motion dynamic etc,. Personally i prefer to conceal the knife when making contact. The clandestine effectiveness of the concealed blade has a very good psycological effect on the attacker in the streets! The element of surprise is applied in reverse, when the attacker realizes he/she has been peeled and traumatised by an invisible weapon. The attacker's initial shock, combined with severe pain is more than enough to end his/her violent confrontation. I've had to use a blade or sharp object more than once in aggressive violent interaction; for this was the only communication, i sadly say that the attacker/s understood! "Sabba papassa akaranam", Or Avoid all evil! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Latest Discussions