Knife Videos

OP
J

JTHM

Red Blade

I highly, highly recommend the Ron Balicki Defensive Edge Series, it's 3 volumes. It is IMHO the best progressive knife curriculum I've seen on video to date. I have a ton of knife video's and this series is my favorite.

Get them you will not be disappointed: www.ronbalicki.com

OP
G

GouRonin

I can't pronounce this guys name and the spelling I am sure is awful. But can anyone give me some info on this guy? Thanx.

OP
G

GouRonin

I have been hearing kewl stuff about this guy but I always like to do some independant research of my own on anything.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Isn't Ron Balicki Dan Inosanto's son-in-law?

Cthulhu

OP
N

no fefe

Datu Kelly Worden has some excellent knife tapes dont forget others such as James Keating and Michael Janich as well.

Their videos can be found at www.paladin-press.com

There used to be a site in which you could reviews reviews of many different martial arts videos. I think the literally had hundreds of reviews but I just tried to go there and the site was unavailable.

Robert K.

OP
B

Bob

Also check out Paledin press for Mike Janich............. This guy is really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has got some tactical videos and a great Balisong video out.............
Bob

OP
R

Rubber Ducky

Heartless Monkey Knife by Guro's Chas Clements and Steve Gartin is excellent. Lots of solid advice and technique. Really rich in information, you'll have to watch it a bunch of times.

Forgive the production values, it's still a darn good video IMO.

There's some very good footage of Willem DeThouars doing some of his knife forms. Wow.

If you hit Google and do a search on "Heartless Monkey Knife" you'll find reviews of this tape far better than what I can do.

Pierre

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is the current webpage with the video reviews on it
http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/mavr.htm

As for the knife videos, I like the video by Vladimer Vasliev on knife combat. This is a good video that teachs you what to do when BOTH you and the attacker have a knife. A lot of videos focus on the knife being with JUST the attacker or JUST the defender, not both.
Thanks
Jeremy Bays

OP
A

alan

Demi Barbito Empty Hands vs Knife, Killing Giants website-www.demibarbito.com.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree, Keating, reverse grip knife fighting, and Janich (can't remeber title) are both pretty good. Frank Cucci -TRS Knife Fighting is good as well. Mark "animal" McYoung series is comical, I didn't really get into it.

Stay away from "Brazilian Jungle Knife fighting" or something like that. Nice colorful cover, thats about it.

OP
S

Shadow Hunter

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky
Heartless Monkey Knife by Guro's Chas Clements and Steve Gartin is excellent. Lots of solid advice and technique. Really rich in information, you'll have to watch it a bunch of times.

So, where can I get it?

OP
T

TigerStripe

Just a tid bit, I've been asking around about knife training myself and have come across All Weather Knife Fighting, from Master Peter Brusso. I heard it's hard to get into, as far as training because their very selective. So, I'm still researching but he has a video up for sale on teachingsofthemasters.com, a website I frequent. Hope that helps.