knee and Shin Guards combined

N1nja

White Belt
Reaction score
Looking for some knee shin guards, like ice hockey type.

Any suggestion apreciated

thanks in advance

OP
N1nja

N1nja

White Belt
Reaction score
Ive got shin guards and separate knee guards, but wondering what others recommend for a combined option. As it take awhile to get mine on and off.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’ve never seen any, outside of baseball catchers’ knee/shin guard and hockey. I’ve seen plenty of combined foot and shin, but not shin and knee.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would go the other way and buy a helmet.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Curious what would the knee guards be used for? Weapon sparring?

NYFIGHTSOURCE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have my students buy the baseball ones which covers the shin and the knee. They usually have 2 straps. So easy on... easy off.
I prefer not to use the giant ones that you sometimes see Catchers or ice hockey players have. The problem is that the knee protection is huge. And it causes you to walk... and move with your legs apart more than natural. We don't use them for weapons. We kick into them. Training, self defense drills. Even with them you end up with bruised shins at times. MMA shin guards would never suffice. We use them for other things.... The baseball shin guards take the most abuse.

Daggdag

White Belt
Reaction score
That doesn't sound very efficient. Wouldn't combining your knee and shin guards cause your to have less freedom of movement for kicks and footwork?

NYFIGHTSOURCE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That doesn't sound very efficient. Wouldn't combining your knee and shin guards cause your to have less freedom of movement for kicks and footwork?
There isn't a combining. It's one set.. Go take a look at the shin guards I am talking about... or the ones above in the attached video.
And it beats getting kicked in the shin without any shin guards/knee protection.

Latest Discussions