Kinetic Energy

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is that a question? I sometimes find your posts hard to reply to because of lack of structure and punctuation.

You need to deliver the strike of course, it can be done both with a slapping punch/kick or a pushing one. However once we get into more detail this will probably be a mess judging by any number of threads here and since I don`t enjoy trainwrecks too much I am not going down that road.

yes it is a question. The force equation doesn't cover slapping strikes and pushing strikes as being any different.

to deal with that we need a new equation again.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
yeah?

this is where it gets a bit sketchy though. I find when we discuss survival of the fittest people think it is survival of the coolest.

so say you idea of the bog monster that jumps out at us every time we go to the shops.

evolution steps in and we all develop wolverine claws.

but evolution may not work that way at all. We might become weaker but breed quicker.

or any number of uncool survival abilities.
Touchè.

I totally missed the thrust of what you were saying earlier!

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESP as one now, then no. Current science see's it as so. No, what I meant was is something like this. As humans we are what we where. However, it is not beyond reason that eventually we will see evolution of the senses. Call it what you will, but I just feel that as a race, we have further to go. There is no science for a human feeling as far as I am concerned. Yeah you can pass out now :)

We won't evolve anything supernatural, like develop ESP over 2000 years for example. (If that's what you mean)

Next stages might be better smell receptors to "smell danger", hearing etc.. if paranoia prevails, maybe we can release a smell that deters predators. But to develop something not possible, like psychic ability or super natural strength. We are still bound by the laws of physics and nature, and besides, all those things are falsifiable.

I think we more likely to develop a form of resistance to say gluten over the next millennium than anything

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We won't evolve anything supernatural, like develop ESP over 2000 years for example. (If that's what you mean)

Next stages might be better smell receptors to "smell danger", hearing etc.. if paranoia prevails, maybe we can release a smell that deters predators. But to develop something not possible, like psychic ability or super natural strength. We are still bound by the laws of physics and nature, and besides, all those things are falsifiable.

I think we more likely to develop a form of resistance to say gluten over the next millennium than anything

lactose is a good example of that.