Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This really seems to be a silly argument. I can only believe that someone arguing that BJJ doesn’t work has no experience with it. My anecdotal experience tells me that unless one person has considerable physical/outside advantages, the person with more training in BJJ can pretty well have their way with their opponent, assuming they don’t train only from a competition point of view (don’t consider strikes).

I’ve trained for a little more than a year. I can defeat less experienced students probably 70-80% of the time, maybe more. I can sometimes survive with a blue belt, though I can never be sure how much they are allowing me to survive and how much is really me. When I roll with higher belts than that, they can do whatever they want to me and I’m helpless to stop them.

Of course, DL has “lab” in the name, so it’s probably scientifically better. BJJ Lab would probably be scientifically superior to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Your making up your own rather silly definitions again, there are two qualifications to be pain compliance t
, one that he is in pain and two that he is compliant, if one or both of these is missing it's not pain compLiance , if both are present it clearly is,

Further it's impossible to cause enough pain to make someone complient, with out causing injury, someone with a broken arm, is going to be in quite a lot of pain and if you waddle his broken arm about will be reasonably compliant,

A broken arm is a debilitating injury, its not the pain alone that stops using.

Skin tears are pain compliance there is no control or technical aspect if pain fails

An arm bar allows you to control and damage to limb to a point where its unusable due to injury.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A broken arm is a debilitating injury, its not the pain alone that stops using.

Skin tears are pain compliance there is no control or technical aspect if pain fails

An arm bar allows you to control and damage to limb to a point where its unusable due to injury.
It's the pain alone that makes you complIent, and that the only thing Required to fit a reasonable definition,If pain compliance,

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This really seems to be a silly argument. I can only believe that someone arguing that BJJ doesn’t work has no experience with it. My anecdotal experience tells me that unless one person has considerable physical/outside advantages, the person with more training in BJJ can pretty well have their way with their opponent, assuming they don’t train only from a competition point of view (don’t consider strikes).

I’ve trained for a little more than a year. I can defeat less experienced students probably 70-80% of the time, maybe more. I can sometimes survive with a blue belt, though I can never be sure how much they are allowing me to survive and how much is really me. When I roll with higher belts than that, they can do whatever they want to me and I’m helpless to stop them.

Of course, DL has “lab” in the name, so it’s probably scientifically better. BJJ Lab would probably be scientifically superior to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another fantisT, that just knows he can defend against all commers no matter how big strong or many just coz he can roll with a blue belt

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Another fantisT, that just knows he can defend against all commers no matter how big strong or many just coz he can roll with a blue belt

Can you? Have you ever thought its you thats the odd one out? Does an arm bar magically not work on you then? or a triangle choke?

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There no evidence that you know of,,,but what you need to prove is but is better at self defence. You can't just take an absence of evidence, had you even bothered to research it, which you havent, as proof bjj, is better. That's poor science.

And the claim was science would prove blk is better

I can provide evidence that there is no evidence by not providing evidence.

Here is all the evidence that DL works at all anywhere.

See nothing. I can't come up with something if there is nothing there. Sorry. Probably your job to come up with some evidence.

And so as BJJ has evidence and DL doesn't it makes BJJ better. Because working somewhere is better than working nowhere.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So popping ligaments isn't painful ?

Regardless of your pain tolerance an arm bar will effect you structurally until it breaks. At which point still regardless of pain tolerance your arm may not work.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Regardless of your pain tolerance an arm bar will effect you structurally until it breaks. At which point still regardless of pain tolerance your arm may not work.
But that doesn't make you complient, does it, it's pain that does that

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can provide evidence that there is no evidence by not providing evidence.

Here is all the evidence that DL works at all anywhere.

See nothing. I can't come up with something if there is nothing there. Sorry. Probably your job to come up with some evidence.

And so as BJJ has evidence and DL doesn't it makes BJJ better. Because working somewhere is better than working nowhere.
Not my job, yours ,What you means is there is no on you tube,,, have you interviewEd a selection of dL, members to see if there's any ? If not come back when you have,

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can you? Have you ever thought its you thats the odd one out? Does an arm bar magically not work on you then? or a triangle choke?
Does being smashed over the head with a bar stool not magically work on you if your a bjj, white belt ?

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Not my job, yours ,What you means is there is no on you tube,,, have you interviewEd a selection of dL, members to see if there's any ? If not come back when you have,

I am ex defense lab staff you fu*king dumbass, I've provided information that you keep deliberately ignoring. Defense lab is like a cult you will not find an instructor that will give it anything but a shining review.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am ex defense lab staff you fu*king dumbass, I've provided information that you keep deliberately ignoring. Defense lab is like a cult you will not find an instructor that will give it anything but a shining review.
Did you use it to defend yourself ?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your always late to the party so I have to repeat points I've already made.

You can't take the gracias as a measure of bjj, any more than you can Bruce Lee for king fu, you need some sort of median to judge it off, but doesn't not get used( mu ch) in mma, with out it being augmented with some kicking punching and defence skills, so it's not bjj, and anyway those who have progressed it as far as mmA aRe not typical bjjer,

If they are operating in weight classes and no one is attacking them with a chair or even a punch, then it's carry over to sd, is unproven

Not unproven. You still can't process data.

In self defence there is more than chair hitting. So we go back to our car theory. And practically your conclusions still don't make sense. So I get up in the morning start my car and go to work. I don't go to work 3 hours early because a meteor may have hit my car and it won't work.

Just because a meteor may strike my car and therefore show that nothing is ever really provable. Does not mean mean I can't function on the conclusions that are provable.

So I may be able to use the elements of BJJ in self defence. I could throw someone to the ground sit on them and put them in an armbar to successfully negate an attack. All of which I have proven by consistently achieving that result in training.

Same as I can start my car and go to work on all the non meteor days.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

So what you are saying is there is still no evidence DL works anywhere?

Is this like having to prove Santa clause doesn't exist?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But that doesn't make you complient, does it, it's pain that does that

Structurally compliant. The arm bar forces a position. And it hurts.

Pain compliance would be where there is no structural compliance. So you grab my arm and I nipple cripple you until you let go.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not unproven. You still can't process data.

In self defence there is more than chair hitting. So we go back to our car theory. And practically your conclusions still don't make sense. So I get up in the morning start my car and go to work. I don't go to work 3 hours early because a meteor may have hit my car and it won't work.

Just because a meteor may strike my car and therefore show that nothing is ever really provable. Does not mean mean I can't function on the conclusions that are provable.

So I may be able to use the elements of BJJ in self defence. I could throw someone to the ground sit on them and put them in an armbar to successfully negate an attack. All of which I have proven by consistently achieving that result in training.

Same as I can start my car and go to work on all the non meteor days.
Well there bottle hitting knifes, pool cues, Multiple attackers and throwing brick.

You've only achieved that on other bjj, ers,, so that's all you can prove

Latest Discussions