That depends what we consider "consistent". If we say gains every day, not gonna be consistent. If we say gains every month, with a decreasing curve, that's going to be a consistent trend until they either get injured, reach their current max at the current training level, or some such.

We can also say it won't be "every person will gain by the same curve", but we can say that every non-runner with the ability to improve will improve their running ability (consistently across the population) by practicing running.
Constant mean all the time, all day everyday, you need to be fitter at 6 than you were at 5 which is fitter than you were at 4. And then day after day,

How's this deal with self defence,? You would need to be defending yourself from an attacker with a knife, let's see how well you escape works when he is repeatedly stabbing you.

Or test, three of his friends kick you repratedly, whilst you try to escape,
So, it only has any effectiveness if it works against a knife?????

It is unless he actually defines quality
So, ask for that, rather than simply saying it's meaningless. Otherwise, every time someone uses a word with multiple connotations, we'd just call their statement meaningless.

In fairness, he is talking about one of the three things they actually use their feet for in American "football".
What's thevothervtwo, standing an
So, it only has any effectiveness if it works against a knife?????
You selectively quoting my posts out o context to the post I quoted.

If your claiming its good for self defence, then needs to include all aspects of SELF defence, including knives and friends who kick you

If it doesn't have a scripts, it's not a scenario, you fight for the knife, as scripted, he isn't allowed to head but you and then stab you, so you have the advantage and there an unconscious bias in such to prove the TEChnique works
The "scenario" (as I've seen the term used) is what you set up in advance. "So, you're in this chair, this dude has a stick...." That's the scenario. Often, it gets broadened out, and loses what I'd call "scenario" qualities - just "dude has a stick". It's a vague distinction, and only works well when folks involved agree on a similar definition of the term. I refer to scenario training, but I'm not sure if I've ever actually used the term with students - I just do progressive drills and set-ups, and some of them I'd consider scenarios, and others I wouldn't.

So, ask for that, rather than simply saying it's meaningless. Otherwise, every time someone uses a word with multiple connotations, we'd just call their statement meaningless.
But he said my statement was it's self meanless, so I responded by saying his was equally so, are you only reading my posts, you reproducing with out the context in which they were made

What's thevothervtwo, standing an
To field goal, add kick-off and punting. I think there's technically also still a "drop kick" in the rules, but I don't know if it has been used in the last 30 years.

You selectively quoting my posts out o context to the post I quoted.

If your claiming its good for self defence, then needs to include all aspects of SELF defence, including knives and friends who kick you
I don't agree. Something can be good for self-defense and not have every answer (especially to situations where there aren't good answers - like being on the ground against a knife). A punch is demonstrably effective in self-defense, but there are lots of situations where it's just not very useful.

But he said my statement was it's self meanless, so I responded by saying his was equally so, are you only reading my posts, you reproducing with out the context in which they were made
No, I'm reading all the posts, and replying to some.

To field goal, add kick-off and punting. I think there's technically also still a "drop kick" in the rules, but I don't know if it has been used in the last 30 years.

I don't agree. Something can be good for self-defense and not have every answer (especially to situations where there aren't good answers - like being on the ground against a knife). A punch is demonstrably effective in self-defense, but there are lots of situations where it's just not very useful.
Well expressly they are claiming bjj, is better at self defence than defence lab, because for one dl, doesn't teach how to get out of a mount, my point is they canT provide any actual data to support that, I'm not rehashing debates from two days ago because you missed them, support theIrclaim If that's your belief and let's start from their

Well expressly they are claiming bjj, is better at self defence than defence lab, because for one dl, doesn't teach how to get out of a mount, my point is they canT provide any actual data to support that, I'm not rehashing debates from two days ago because you missed them, support theIrclaim If that's your belief and let's start from their
I didn't think that claim was the point of the post in question. I thought that post was talking about BJJ vs no training, at all.

I didn't think that claim was the point of the post in question. I thought that post was talking about BJJ vs no training, at all.
Well that was an extention, but only to prove the point that they have no daTa at all to support anything

Well no, gains in fitness will be inconsistent,

So If use 1 method of training the outcome could be anything. So I lift heavy weights. I may get stronger or I may get weaker. There is no way to tell?

Like when you turn the key your car may start or it may become a bouquet of flowers. How can we really tell?

As I said existentialism is an inpractical way to manage life.

Back