Kenpo Weapons

• Thread starter Chicago Green Dragon
  • Start date

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
One drill I like..............
I like to "knife fight" with white T-Shirts and magic markers.

Hey, great idea!

You are going to put some guys out of business when this gets out. I know someone makes a "marking knife" but I also like this idea because since the marker is not "shaped" like a knife it can increase awareness of the danger of boxcutters, screwdrivers, pieces of glass and other stuff that can readily be substituted for a knife.

I will bring this up at the studio ASAP. I know Crayola makes Washable Markers and I think you can buy a set of 6 or 8 for a few dollars. Then you could use your White Gi as well.
:idea:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall
Hey, great idea! I will bring this up at the studio ASAP. I know Crayola makes Washable Markers and I think you can buy a set of 6 or 8 for a few dollars.

Oh noooooooooooooooooo I've created a Monster.....

:borg:

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I will bring this up at the studio ASAP. I know Crayola makes Washable Markers and I think you can buy a set of 6 or 8 for a few dollars. Then you could use your White Gi as well.
:idea:

Orrr take your shirt off and train with nothing on your top, then you can wash the marker of in the bath, AND see how many cuts accross vital organs and blood vessals you got...hehe :)

With regards to running away, obviously you can't do this all the time, and I wasn't trying to say that's the only option. But, if you can, then it's probably a good idea!

Ian.

OP
P

pineapple head

Could we not try wearing a cows carcus aover our heads and use real knives to cut into the flesh.:roflmao:

Wes Idol

Green Belt
Reaction score
I invite everyone to get their hands on real flesh. I've spent time in slaughter houses (refered to as processing plants for the industry), and I've skinned animals and cut meat as a butcher. Cutting into someone is not as easy as one might think. Also, just because you've cut someone, doesn't stop them from putting a hole in your head with a fire arm, or sticking their edged weapon into you before they feel the effects of "bleeding out."

Trying markers on one another is a powerful lesson about speed and range, but I think there is more to the subject than just that.

Respectfully,

WI, HI
UKS

OP
K

Kenpomachine

The marker also teaches precission on the attaker's side :D

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by pineapple head
Could we not try wearing a cows carcus aover our heads and use real knives to cut into the flesh.:roflmao:

It's all right for you guys.....

But I have to train with him three times a week.

If he turns up with a cow under his arn, he's OUT :)

Les

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
On the topic of Running...

Mr. Swan taught me Early, like maybe in my first month, that your best technique is to avoid the confrontation altogether. So he said something like

1. If you see a place that could be dangerous, avoid it;
2. If you encounter danger, leave. Run if you have to;
3. If someone attacks you violently, defend yourself.

So the underlying principle here I think is that we are training for 3 which may come in many forms at any time.
:asian:

XtremeJ_AKKI

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Swan taught me Early, like maybe in my first month, that your best technique is to avoid the confrontation altogether. So he said something like

1. If you see a place that could be dangerous, avoid it;
2. If you encounter danger, leave. Run if you have to;
3. If someone attacks you violently, defend yourself.

So the underlying principle here I think is that we are training for 3 which may come in many forms at any time.

Actually, we are in effect training for all three. #1 is where our mental and perceptual training comes in. #2 is where our spiritual training comes in, the mindset of the dragon. And of course, #3 is where the physical training comes in.

Just a thought. :asian:

OP
P

pineapple head

LOL!

Cow under my arm..mmmm. She would struggle too much, plus she baths the kids training nights!:D

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by XtremeJ_AKKI
Actually, we are in effect training for all three.

Right on. The Prepatory Considerations, etc. I agree with you.