Kenpo technique video clips. Any comments?

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Doc said:
If I may sir - I agree with you with the exception that I might say, "In a sense you are not transcending ARTS, but defining style." What do you think?
If you are using the same definitions that SGM Parker did for those terms

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
doc, the reason i stated that the principles transcend style is simply because any sound principle should be applicable to any style.
i guess maybe i have a much simpler outlook than others, because to me walking is walking.
i think the movements define the style. but no matter how hard you try, you cant change physics.
Deferent applications is what define the style. If you say you can't change physics that is true however, how apply those physiscs defines the appliction.

The idea that by practing karate you are also becoming a expert at Judo is a little far fetched!

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
but to say that karate guys never throw, or that judo guys never strike is even more far fetched
But the hows, where's and when will be differnent. Which is what I stated earlier. Of course a Karate Man will throw but it will be done in "context and character"; of course the more general the principle you are talking the easier it will be to apply to generally

R

rattlerbrat

First off, SC Kenpo are doing a KENPO demo in a HIGHLY COMPETITIVE Geography and they show the most basic and unimpressive movement possible... Do you think they will attract anybody who is shopping around via the internet?
Yes, because heaven knows that the first thing you should look for in a school is impressive-looking, flashy kicks.

Latest Discussions